• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Challenge Events Jumped in Difficulty

DeletedUser113883

Has anyone else felt that your Daily/Soccer and Story challenges just jumped in difficulty in the last couple days.

I've been playing for a couple months, really getting into it--except that often when I want to play there is nothing to do. This was kind of annoying, then all of a sudden in the last couple days, I was hit with challenges I couldn't complete. Not just hard--which is fine--but there was no way to complete them considering time, resources etc. Then I was ht with 2 more that actually work against each other.

Eg. Soccer Challenge: Pay 108, 000 coins! And then, Daily Challenge: Pay 35,000 coins!

This means more sitting around a waiting rather than playing.

Interested in what folks playing for longer think, is this how the game progresses? Less play and more waiting for accumulations and productions?

Agent327

Overlord
Eg. Soccer Challenge: Pay 108, 000 coins! And then, Daily Challenge: Pay 35,000 coins!

So that means pay 108,000 coins and in the mean time complete the Daily Challenge quest as well. What's so hard about that?

You are comparing two different things. Sometimes you are lucky and the quests complete eachother. Other times they bite eachother. There is no relation between them.

DeletedUser113883

No, they are 2 separate challenges. After 2 days i have 70, 000 coins. But this means spending on nothing else, just collecting. Also means can't do other challenges because that would cost coins.

But put aside the difficulty, the point is 1) it was a massive jump in difficulty all of a sudden that has just stagnated the game; and 2) it means doing nothing else, just waiting and collecting, waiting and collecting....

I just want to know is that what the game becomes as you move further into it; because it now super boring.

DeletedUser19452

I took the time to accumulate 20mil coins and supplys, I did this without fighting for a while, now i can do everything. like it says you have to be prepared to wait awile.

DeletedUser112745

Forge of Empires is a game that you need to take slowly. It’s not one that you can rush through ages, doing so punishes you in various ways, such as not being able to complete some quests due to not having a stockpile of resources or not having enough defence to protect yourself from plunderers, Etc.

DeletedUser4800

I've stockpilled 2.7 billion coins in order to be able to do these quests, I suggest you stockpile as well and not just spend resources/coins/etc as soon as you have enough to spend.

DeletedUser113883

Ok, wow! That's very helpful and I can see where this game is goig..

Thanks,

a

DeletedUser113883

One last Q. So, applying what you have said to the game: I get a Daily Challenge that is impossible for me to complete (dfeat n army of 16 units with attack levels of 100; with my lowly 8 units); don't worry about completing the challenge, but use it as a hint to build up my army?

Agent327

Overlord
Yes, skip that one and pick the next one you can complete. Also look closely at the challenge you pick. The prize you can get usually is a clue for what you have to do.

DeletedUser113883

Yes, skip that one and pick the next one you can complete. Also look closely at the challenge you pick. The prize you can get usually is a clue for what you have to do.

Very helpful. Thanks!