• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: centralization of towns on the screen

DeletedUser16026

This was fixed with update 1.57 - if anyone is still experiencing the issue please try clearing your browser's cache. If it continues after that, let us know. :)

DeletedUser99588

This was fixed with update 1.57 - if anyone is still experiencing the issue please try clearing your browser's cache. If it continues after that, let us know. :)

If the fix is meant to load your city with the centre of it in view then it isn't working for me. If the fix is meant to load it so it focuses on the top right corner of your city then job well done but that is what it did anyway before the fix.

DeletedUser16026

It's meant to focus on a specific "point" in a city. It cannot calculate each person's "center" as cities can be of different sizes and expanded in different ways.

That is not what it did before the fix for me, as it loaded empty space around my city.

DeletedUser99588

It's meant to focus on a specific "point" in a city. It cannot calculate each person's "center" as cities can be of different sizes and expanded in different ways.

That is not what it did before the fix for me, as it loaded empty space around my city.

Not that it is a major issue for me but the 'focus point' doesn't really correspond with the centre of the space potentially available as you progress through the game. It focuses in the top right hand corner which I find hard to accept as centralised. It's a minor thing though when compared to all the other things needing to be fixed.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer

The above is not true. Update 1.57 was only broken in a different way, worse than before.

The map was originally focused on the center of the buildable area. This was perfect. When the map was expanded well over a year ago, focus was permanently thrown off. Instead of the center, focus was now on the starting 4x4 area of the city for no apparent reason. Then the focus was screwed with a while back, after which focus has been on the new starting 4x4 area in the top corner, whether or not the city in question started there. 8 of my 9 cities were founded in the old starting location, and now whenever I load those cities, the map is focused on empty space and most of my city is off screen.

This is not fixed. This has never been fixed. Update 1.57 was not even an improvement, it made things worse. I have reported this problem twice, and no one has ever even admitted that the issue exists.

Actually it can. Calculating the individual center would be trivial. Even if the individual center was not used, the actual center of the buildable area would be much better. The specific point you mention is exactly the problem, since it is nonsensical.

DeletedUser99588

Unfortunately your wasting your words as Darkstar like a number of those before him just regurgitate the pathetic excuses the developers provide for poor workmanship without question. Quite frankly the only thing they seem to be able to do with relatively few problems is provide a special event. I imagine that is because the core programming was created for events prior to those who keep bringing 'improvements' which nobody requested and just reduce the quality of the game arrived on the scene.

The social bar is just beyond a joke so maybe it is best they don't mess around anymore with the city focal point because I fear their concept of 'improvement' is far below the expectations of the playing community who actually want something to work properly.

DeletedUser97349

Unfortunately your wasting your words as Darkstar like a number of those before him just regurgitate the pathetic excuses the developers provide for poor workmanship without question.

Whilst I certainly understand why you are angry and upset, I do not feel this is fair. There is much that goes on behind the scenes which, in order to remain professional, cannot be posted publicly. Nothing is taken without question when players are upset about something, that certainly is always true as far as I'm concerned. However whilst player feedback is passed on by Support, Support then need to pass something back to players, and that information comes from the team in Hamburg. It is not the job of Support, certainly of Community Management in my opinion, to post their own opinions on the public forum. It is their job to be a conduit of communication.

Whilst you may not always like what you hear back, that does not mean that it is being accepted by Support without question, it is simply all the information that can be passed back at that time.

DeletedUser99588

Whilst I certainly understand why you are angry and upset, I do not feel this is fair. There is much that goes on behind the scenes which, in order to remain professional, cannot be posted publicly. Nothing is taken without question when players are upset about something, that certainly is always true as far as I'm concerned. However whilst player feedback is passed on by Support, Support then need to pass something back to players, and that information comes from the team in Hamburg. It is not the job of Support, certainly of Community Management in my opinion, to post their own opinions on the public forum. It is their job to be a conduit of communication.

Whilst you may not always like what you hear back, that does not mean that it is being accepted by Support without question, it is simply all the information that can be passed back at that time.

My point exactly there isn't anyone that can hold them accountable for the continual dross we are given. If there was then I would imagine we wouldn't continually get this poor standard of workmanship with updates and so called improvements that as you quite rightly say upset the playing community.

So yes I agree the CM team are just communication conduits who regurgitate the party line and haven't any teeth to actually achieve improvements in the level of service. This might be a free game for some but many have also paid good money along the way and it is insulting that Innogames just ignore their customer base and continue to provide poor updates and unwelcome changes when their time could be spent doing something useful by providing something the playing community desire. As you well know Starzaan there is an awful long list of improvements that could have been introduced long ago without to much effort that have been left on the shelf while they work on things no one requested or needed.

DeletedUser16026

I am not sure what took place a while back but a more likely case is that the focus point was changed. I'll try looking into it.

However, the issue that appeared before 1.57 was that cities would load on an unintended location. That was fixed by making cities load on an intended focus point. I'll note that players are not happy with the current centralization, but that would imply a change and not a bugfix. The current centralization is intended.

DeletedUser16026

The city map was expanded with the update before your initial report. This resulted with the "center" of cities moving to a different position.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
The current centralization is intended.

Are you seriously trying to say that this is a feature and not a bug? To hell with that.

After the map was expanded, the map used to be focused on the starting area. Older cities were focused on the old starting area, while newer cities were focused on the new starting area. Then the issue you described appeared. In 1.57 that was sort of fixed, emphasis on sort of, because it was broken in a different way, worse than before. Now all cities are focused on the new starting area, which means several older cities are off screen and the focus is on empty space. This is in fact worse than the issue was.

There is definitely still a bug. If the developers are stupid enough to have intended the bug, that does not change the fact that it is a bug.

DeletedUser16026

The current focus is intended, so yes it is a feature and not a bug. Understandably, you and others may not be pleased with it, which will be noted as feedback.

DeletedUser99588

The current focus is intended, so yes it is a feature and not a bug. Understandably, you and others may not be pleased with it, which will be noted as feedback.

lmao, next they will be telling us the social bar jumping is intended and not a bug. Saying that given the limits of their capabilities it just might be true.

You wasting your time though as Darkstar would argue black is white if he was told to by his masters.

DeletedUser16026

You're free to have whatever opinion you want of me, but I act as a form of communication channel and this means I get to present you with the available information, which unfortunately may not always be what you want to hear. I could of course tell you that the topic of this thread is a bug but that would be a lie and you'd be expecting a "fix" which cannot happen. The current centralization takes place on an intended point in the city map, that bit I can confirm. Ergo, not a bug and cannot be treated as one.

But you're of course encouraged to provide feedback on all matters, including this one, and we'll pass that along.