• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

cash for goods

DeletedUser

why cant we use gold to buy rescources eg dye stone etc instead or including the swap method
the merchant you get 1 for 10 of something is really expensive as even the cheap things cost a lot in time gold and supplies to produce

and why cant we use it instead of diamonds as they cost real cash
we should each day when we log in get a few diamonds.

DeletedUser

Coincidentally I wanted to make a post about this but did not know if this was suggested before and shot down and could not search the forums yet for it. Theoretically speaking coins should be invented once a blacksmith is there or a market is there.
There is a lot of misuse and abuse of buying items with gold coins. If a trading mechanism is set up properly then it should be a great addition to the game. To make it fair; maybe you must have a blacksmith, Goldsmith and market if you must be able to purchase items with gold.

DeletedUser

in any term we should be able to buy some of what we need using money as well as swap trade as this is a method used threw out history from time began
the cost of having to use a forge point to buy may be a very small amount of something does not seem to be all that fair

DeletedUser5026

Hey scorpian99 and Raikatuji,

I believe the 2 of you are mainly talking about goods and the need to spend a forge points when trading goods. Let me address your issues one by one.

why cant we use gold to buy rescources eg dye stone etc instead or including the swap method

In the game, the 2 main resources are coins and supplies. Coins are produced in residential buildings and your town hall, supplies are produced in production buildings. You then use coins and supplies to produce goods in goods buildings. Gold is one type of goods which you will get access to in the Early Middle Age, and you can indeed use it to trade for other goods.

the merchant you get 1 for 10 of something is really expensive as even the cheap things cost a lot in time gold and supplies to produce

The merchants are meant to be prohibitively costly, and a form of last resort. They are also controlled by the system, i.e. you will notice that you cannot message them. Most people trade with either their neighbours or guild members, who tend to offer better trade ratios. Look out for traders whose names are not "AAAA Merchant", where AAAA can be Stone, Wine, Lumber, etc.

and why cant we use it instead of diamonds as they cost real cash

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying here.

we should each day when we log in get a few diamonds.

Diamonds are a form of premium in this game. Much like how some people buy express passes (with real cash) in order to avoid queuing at amusement parks. Or travellers getting a VIP membership (again, with real cash) so that they can check-in without having to queue up with normal travellers. If everyone is given diamonds whenever they log in, then what sort of premium is that? Besides, if everyone gets free diamonds that easily, no one will pay for diamonds. Then there will be no more monetary support for the developers working on this game. Then there will be no more game.

Theoretically speaking coins should be invented once a blacksmith is there or a market is there.

Coins are actually in the game, right at the beginning in the Stone Age.

There is a lot of misuse and abuse of buying items with gold coins.

Sorry, would you care to elaborate on the misuse and abuse? Like, describe how it is misused or abused.

If a trading mechanism is set up properly then it should be a great addition to the game.

There is a proper trading mechanism, please check out my link at the bottom of my post.

To make it fair; maybe you must have a blacksmith, Goldsmith and market if you must be able to purchase items with gold.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite get what you mean. Besides, it already sounds like it will overly complicate the game.

in any term we should be able to buy some of what we need using money as well as swap trade as this is a method used threw out history from time began

Yes, you are already buying what a lot of what you need using coins. Please do elaborate what you cannot buy using coins/supplies.

the cost of having to use a forge point to buy may be a very small amount of something does not seem to be all that fair

Once again, as I mentioned about, joining a guild will allow you to trade without using forge points.

Proper trading mechanism: (click me)
Trading without using forge points: (click me)

In addition, I would highly recommend you to read this two threads to understand the basics of the game:
  1. Pendragon's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
  2. Blacksmith's Beginners guide to FoE

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

to reply to one point
cash instead of diamonds
when use forge points there is one item which needs 600 diamonds and to speed up building you have to use diamonds

if you want people to work harder you offer them a cash bonus so cash
the items which need diamonds to pay for are there for blocked from people who cant afford to by diamonds or are too young to buy them or do the earn daimond by doing things like given name and address etc

DeletedUser

There are a few in-game diamond rewards. imo they should be higher or a bit more frequent given the high diamond costs of everything, but they are there. If the suggestion were to make it possible (realistically) for a player to get a windmill or printer before finishing all the tech in game I agree.... But that would be a suggestion for the suggestion forum.

DeletedUser5026

Hey scorpian99,

I believe you are talking about multistory houses. Multistory houses are an optional research, you do not need them to produce coins, there are other alternatives (frame houses & clapboard houses). A frame house gives 60 gold an hour, so in 4 hours, they give 240 gold. A multistory house also gives 240 gold in 4 hours. The only difference is that you have to collect just once in 4 hours, which I know is more convenient, instead of 4 times. But that's a premium feature. As I already said, the game is like real life. If you want premium stuff, you have to pay for it, with real cash.

People who cannot afford diamond or are too young to buy them, they can either spend more time, or collect just a little less coins. It does not mean the game is unplayable, it just means that it is a little slower. And the game is meant to be slow. Rome was not built in 1 day. It takes time to build an empire. Diamonds are just for people who do not mind paying real cash for extra convenience.

To use an analogy: Some people are willing to pay extra, just to fly first class, to enjoy good food, have more leg space. Does that mean people who are poorer, cannot travel by air? No, they can, they just have to buy economy seats, where the food may not be as good, and it might be a little more cramp, but yes, in the end, they both get to their destination.

Cheers,
L.R.