• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cant play on linux after last update

DeletedUser

Hello I cant play on linux since last update, it asks for flash 11.5.

I have last linux version of flash, thats 11.2 and was able to play on chrome without a problem.

But now I it doesnt work anymore.

DeletedUser

I'm running Ubuntu and have Google Chrome (version 28.0.1500.71) with flash (version LNX 11,7,700,203). That runs the game fine.

So, there must be later versions of Flash out there somewhere...

Edit: You want Chrome's "Pepper Flash" and not the stand-alone flash that is produced by Adobe. I thought that chrome bundled its pepper flash version in with the Chrome browser - so if you have installed Adobe's flash then just removing the package may be sufficient (don't quote me on that though) - however it's been almost a year since I had to move from firefox to chrome so I could play this game and I can't remember the exact steps I took.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4872

I'm running Ubuntu and have Google Chrome (version 28.0.1500.71) with flash (version LNX 11,7,700,203). That runs the game fine.

So, there must be later versions of Flash out there somewhere...

Edit: You want Chrome's "Pepper Flash" and not the stand-alone flash that is produced by Adobe. I thought that chrome bundled its pepper flash version in with the Chrome browser - so if you have installed Adobe's flash then just removing the package may be sufficient (don't quote me on that though) - however it's been almost a year since I had to move from firefox to chrome so I could play this game and I can't remember the exact steps I took.

Hi
I know you have ditched firefox but if you want to see a great improvement in speed and no crashes you should try Waterfox...it's made by firefox but exclusively for a 64 bit OS and the 64 bit version of flash is loads faster too.
I don't work for firefox by the way....just a punter who is pleased with a product and wanted to share.
;-)
Mcscrotee \m/

DeletedUser

Hi
I know you have ditched firefox but if you want to see a great improvement in speed and no crashes you should try Waterfox...it's made by firefox but exclusively for a 64 bit OS and the 64 bit version of flash is loads faster too.
I don't work for firefox by the way....just a punter who is pleased with a product and wanted to share.
;-)
Mcscrotee \m/

Waterfox is not available for Linux - if you want to run it then you need to use Wine (which brings its own set of issues; like allowing Windows viruses to run on Linux if you aren't careful).

DeletedUser914

I use fedora 16 64 bit and google chrome and it still works: remind only chrome works

DeletedUser

Using latest repositories that contain Chrome? Thats the only way I am aware of that can easily solve that issue. Using Mint 14 and latest chrome causes no issues I am aware of (haven't used it for about a week though...might be a problem now)

DeletedUser

Thx all, for the answers

I am using chrome version 30.0.1573.2 from unstable repo now, it works. Only Pepper Flash was not enougth.

DeletedUser104050

I'm having the same problem with Chrome on Ubuntu. The latest flash version is 11.2 but the game asks for 11.5.

Is there any reason the game needs to run on 11.5 instead of 11.2? I only use the official software repository. Surely it's better the game runs in a tested and stable environment rather than a pointless update to 11.5?

Is unstable Chrome currently the only option for playing FoE on Linux?