• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cannot Find A Defensive Guide for Industrial Age Defensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6328

Cannot Find A Defensive Guide for Industrial Age Defensive tactics, nothing pulls up searching "Defense Guide for Industrial Age" I get guides but they don't have Industrial age army s listed. I just need to know what a good vanilla defense that is good against attacks from a good offensive army. One that while not perfect will cause at least losses on the offensive side to be competitive, and cause the attackers to consider the losses. Right now I loose all to one maybe of theirs. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4906

Cannot Find A Defensive Guide for Industrial Age Defensive tactics, nothing pulls up searching "Defense Guide for Industrial Age" I get guides but they don't have Industrial age army s listed. I just need to know what a good vanilla defense that is good against attacks from a good offensive army. One that while not perfect will cause at least losses on the offensive side. Right now I loose all to one maybe of theirs. Any help is appreciated.

Just trial & error that's all...............you gotta take casualties to inflict casualties.

Personally, i just........................KILL 'EM ALL!

Peace. :cool:

DeletedUser6328

I don't pvp, or attack I need a good general defense. I am taking casualties... all are casualties in fact... but I know there is a good defense I just am looking for some defensive pointers on fielding a good industrial age army. Right now I have Colonial age and they are getting wiped out by Industrial age army s pretty much 8-0, I am looking for a 8-4 or better.

DeletedUser9168

quote - Cannot Find A Defensive Guide for Industrial Age Defensive tactics, nothing pulls up searching "Defense Guide for Industrial Age"

it sure will now cos you must have posted this on every thread available!

DeletedUser

I could not find what you are looking for Scott. Neither a guide nor a solution.

I get attacked daily from a player with Industrial Age units. He has over 100% boost from GBs. I have 80% Watchfire defense and every possible Colonial age unit. Depending on what he attacks with and what I defend with I may take 4 of his units down or he may leave with no casualties. But he always wins and he always comes back and he almost always plunders. Its the way the game works. Perhaps with better GBs of my own I can inflict casualties. Perhaps even win some times, but not today.

DeletedUser

I could not find what you are looking for Scott. Neither a guide nor a solution.

I get attacked daily from a player with Industrial Age units. He has over 100% boost from GBs. I have 80% Watchfire defense and every possible Colonial age unit. Depending on what he attacks with and what I defend with I may take 4 of his units down or he may leave with no casualties. But he always wins and he always comes back and he almost always plunders. Its the way the game works. Perhaps with better GBs of my own I can inflict casualties. Perhaps even win some times, but not today.
But the AI is apparently updated today, so we don't really know yet.

I have found that 2 x Lancers, 4 x Jaegers and 2 Howitzers work best, and I have 120% defence boost atm, but will cause damage to the "most protected" attacker!! ;)

DeletedUser1983

I have found that 2 x Lancers, 4 x Jaegers and 2 Howitzers work best, and I have 120% defence boost atm, but will cause damage to the "most protected" attacker!! ;)

try putting 2 Lancers, 2 Jaegers, 2 Howitzers and 2 rogues. That's even better and less number of battle points for your attacker if he manages to win. ;-)

DeletedUser4906

I don't pvp, or attack I need a good general defense. I am taking casualties... all are casualties in fact... but I know there is a good defense I just am looking for some defensive pointers on fielding a good industrial age army. Right now I have Colonial age and they are getting wiped out by Industrial age army s pretty much 8-0, I am looking for a 8-4 or better.

8 Rangers isn't the worst defence, they cover ground pretty good, or defend from distance & have 8 Field Guns....:cool:

DeletedUser1983

Cannot Find A Defensive Guide for Industrial Age Defensive tactics, nothing pulls up searching "Defense Guide for Industrial Age" I get guides but they don't have Industrial age army s listed. I just need to know what a good vanilla defense that is good against attacks from a good offensive army. One that while not perfect will cause at least losses on the offensive side to be competitive, and cause the attackers to consider the losses. Right now I loose all to one maybe of theirs. Any help is appreciated.

You can't get anything better than 8-0 with an army of CA troops against an InA army possibly with attack/defense boost as well. ;-)

DeletedUser

try putting 2 Lancers, 2 Jaegers, 2 Howitzers and 2 rogues. That's even better and less number of battle points for your attacker if he manages to win. ;-)

From the attackers pov, I have found that Rogue's are a relative waste of space to me - they just provide 1 extra turn for the defender, with a little surprise thrown in tactically for the attacker.

DeletedUser1983

From the attackers pov, I have found that Rogue's are a relative waste of space to me - they just provide 1 extra turn for the defender, with a little surprise thrown in tactically for the attacker.

I use rogues for attack as well as defense. I take great pride in the fact that I lose no troops while attacking and kill at least 6 troops while defending because I have thrown 2-3 rogues into the defense.

DeletedUser6328

I have found that 2 x Lancers, 4 x Jaegers and 2 Howitzers work best, and I have 120% defense boost atm, but will cause damage to the "most protected" aerosol!! ;)

Thank You for the input. It helps to get something from someone in use of defense... If their was a guide I would just do the math and figure it out myself, but without something of a matrix its just too much time. I don't want to take shortcuts but having an idea of a defense is much quicker than buying a military and finding out its not working. Big wate of resources and time. I appreciate it.

8 Rangers isn't the worst defence, they cover ground pretty good, or defend from distance & have 8 Field Guns....:cool:

I don't attack, only need defense. If I have 8 Rangers, why would I need 8 Field Guns?

DeletedUser4195

There may be more options with the new AI. It does seem to play quite differently compared to before.

DeletedUser4906

Spot on!

Rogue's are pants!

As useful as a chocolate kettle....:cool:

(And to the Know-It-All's please don't bang on about tactics, strategy etc quite a lot of us know how to play the game!)

I don't attack, only need defense. If I have 8 Rangers, why would I need 8 Field Guns?

8 Field-Guns will hit the attackers almost immediately (distance!)

And good to swap defence around so attacker's won't know what you'll have waiting.....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.