• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can you please advise me on recruiting guild members?

Cuthwolf

Captain
I am a new player and am at the end of the EMA in Cirgard, 3rd in my ‘hood on 20,674. The first guild I joined wasn’t going anywhere (just four members and very few trades) so I left and started one of my own.
I have invited everyone in my ‘hood and on my friends list who isn’t in a guild and then got to the maximum 80 invites by issuing invites from the global list. I send them to a mix of 20K, 10K, and 5K players who have no guild but have fought many battles. I delete the invites to players on the global list every two or three days and try different ones.
In the first week I have had only three players join (all from my’ hood/friends).
I have more trade goods from the BA and IA than I can every use so was thinking of donating these to the guild and using this as a selling point. Is this a good idea? Can you give any advice on how to get more players?
Thank you.

DeletedUser15432

Firstly, it might be advisable to put a notice in the guild section of your worlds forum that you have started a guild and that your guild is recruiting.
Secondly, unless you have well known players starting the guild or the guild is in one of the new worlds - Jaims or Korch, you will find it difficult to attract experienced players to a new guild, I would actually look at attracting newer players and letting them build up
Thirdly, you can not actually donate goods to the guild apart from the guild treasury for Guild versus Guild fighting and then you can only donate Iron age or above to the treasury and these goods can only be used for laying sieges and adding defence slots, it might be better if you offered these goods at advantageous rates to assist guild members just starting out

DeletedUser9614

First, focus on recruiting players who are below your ranks or at least around. Shooting for higher ranks might give you one or two "gods" who want to be worshiped. If you do not have your weight balance, you will find yourself in a difficult situation.

You can go around the invite limit by sending many messages. You have much higher chance of recruiting person when you speak to that person. Ideally in order to build a good team, you should not send an invite to a person unless you exchanged a few messages.

If you want to be the founder and the leader you should be the most active person in the guild. You will have to be the most active person till you gain and train new leaders. This usually takes months-- be careful what you are jumping into. If you quit or drop activity without this process, your guild has 80-90% chance of going to hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

All Good Advice though I would advise you to join a guild and gain more experience as well as more points and GB's.
Once you are an experienced player with a Good Range of GB's and Stock of Goods, then start a Guild.
As a founder you ideally should be able to support your guild which in turn will bring support from them.
GB's are a must. Goods to help out are a must.

All my own opinion of course.

DeletedUser7719

To join a guild, click on the people button (second icon to your left; it says "Global" when you hover over it) on the lower-left section of your screen, and then click on the shield icon. You should be able to view, join, or decline guild invitations from there.
You cannot do this on an iPad, but you should be able to play where you left off if you get on a computer

DeletedUser9168

Hi Princess Verema
In order to join a guild, they need to have sent you an invitation.
Ask on your global chat if anyone there is recruiting, or look through profiles of guilds in your world and contact any that you like the sound of to ask them to send you an invite. If you click on your global rank (laurel leaves top left of screen) you will see a tab which lists all the guilds on your server in rank order. click on a guild name to be able to read their guild profile and see a list of current members.

DeletedUser100832

guild building's always an uphill struggle, unless your score is in 7 figures (and even them sometimes). Best think I'd advise is trying to get your friends (from maybe a forum or another game, or even RL) together to join FOE en masse, and then you will have something uniting them. Otherwise you'll be stuck trying to pander to a succession of prima-donnas who realise there are more guilds than half-decent players and act accordingly, before most likely leaving when you least expect it.