• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can we get in-game notifications before an update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser459

Maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour before the update so people can plan for it. It could just come in the regular event history. Reason is that the last couple updates have screwed me with resources. Ive been online with short resources times. Before I have to log off, I obviously put one of the longer ones on. The last couple updates have not allowed me to get into the game and collect resources and put longer times on before I log off. I end up coming back hours later only to have a bunch of dead fish. Just a thought so we can plan accordingly.

DeletedUser3220

I agree to that. my browser was screwed up after the update and it only seems to be ok now (though with many graphical glitches) so iv been missing out on cash. Iv been able to switch between browsers because each seem to lack something so luckily iv been able to gather resources. I still cant battle at all so iv lost out on the medals that i could have been able to keep had i been able to battle.

If i try to log on during an update it should come up saying 'server under maintainance' instead i get a blank screen. so i was getting this even after the update had finished so wasnt until i switched browser that i realised. very annoying.

DeletedUser1081

... but there are in-game announcements for updates and major maintenance. they appear right above your "social bar". has your browser been blocking them or something?

this doesn't seem to be in the right section, so i'm moving it to the game discussion section. if you want to report it as a bug, then please be sure to include the vital information as requested here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4100-Vital-information-for-bug-reports!
and for the future, when you want to propose an idea, there's a template that you need to use:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1385-How-To-Submit-Ideas

thanks!

DeletedUser459

... but there are in-game announcements for updates and major maintenance. they appear right above your "social bar". has your browser been blocking them or something?

this doesn't seem to be in the right section, so i'm moving it to the game discussion section. if you want to report it as a bug, then please be sure to include the vital information as requested here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4100-Vital-information-for-bug-reports!
and for the future, when you want to propose an idea, there's a template that you need to use:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1385-How-To-Submit-Ideas

thanks!

I know the pop ups come up. I got one saying that the last update was postponed. What im saying to to give a heads up that the update will be starting within an hour or so. I dont think that requires a lengthy template just for that simple idea. Nothing in the template has anything to do with the idea. I understand the whole part about "use the template", but lets try to be a little rational. Using the template would actually make it more difficult to read and have a bunch of worthless nothing.

Simply put, nowhere have I seen an exact time of when anything would be updated, all I have seen is a date. Being how things in this game are time sensitive, it would be nice to have a time of when these things happen including a reminder possibly 1 hour before it starts. I dont see how it has to get moved, its an idea that hasnt been addressed so it should probably stay with the "idea" forum.

DeletedUser

First off, the template makes you think about your idea as many ways as possible before someone just blurts out something like, "I want more ways to get coins."

Let me try it with this idea to see if it is pointless.

Proposal:
In a few sentences, please state the general concept of your idea.
I would like there to be a notification in-game one hour before an update is to be applied to my world.

Workaround:
Is there a current method players are able to use to get to the same effect?
No, just to play, then get kicked off without warning when a update starts.

Details:
Please state a detailed form of your idea. Please be aware you need to include all details including current mechanics of your idea and how it will fit within the game.
Give everyone a warning message in-game to let them know that the update process will begin in an hour. Make it the same way that you let us know in-game that an update has been postponed. This will help everyone to know that there is a good reason we can not login, and save everyone time when it comes to answering threads like," Why can't I login to Arvahall?" or, "Login Issues with Dinegu." It will cut back on the confusion of an update to the players, and cut back on the workload on the CoMas, and Mods.

Abuse:
Can players abuse this idea obtaining an unfair advantage over other players?
No abuse at all can come from this.

Screenies:
Feel free to provide mock ups of your idea, screenshots etc...
I am not that talented, close your eyes, and imagine it, :)

Your general thoughts of the idea and how it would benefit the community.
This idea will help everyone to understand why they were kicked off the game, or can not refresh. I really think it is needed in the game, and this type of thing is used all the time in a lot of games.

I think the Idea template works well with this idea.

DeletedUser

so then move herluth's post to idea section. Provide a link to it in this thread saying idea was posted.

DeletedUser459

So without all the typing and reading it boils down to...Can we get an in-game notification?
I mean, its a notification. Its not a detailed plan on how to work around it, screen shots, abuse, etc. Feedback is redundant to details, and the proposal is stated in the details.
Its just a notification. Im not sure how I can explain this any easier.
Blah, blah, blah, notification.
Whats that? Oh, notification. Notification......You seriously want all that for a simple statement? So I can spend all that time on...notification.
Like I said, the rules are fine. At the same time, lets have some common sense here. Or do we really need to dumb things down so much where we need to request proposals to have the proposal request revised?
Maybe I should get notifications on how to propose proposals, just to make sure I get it right. Who knows, maybe someone wont understand what im talking about if I dont use the format. Well, someone understood it. Sounds redundant as hell though. But, im glad we could cover this. Theres been more discussion on the format than anything else. Ill make sure I use the format from now on. Im sure you will see me more often mink, in proper format.

DeletedUser1081

all right, one more try, very cordially:

i did not invent the Ideas template. it came from the people who consider whether or not to implement ideas that players propose.

you are not required to use it - but if you don't use it, your ideas will not be passed along to the development team, and therefore they merely clutter up the Ideas section. at which point my option is to move them or to close them. i moved this one, so that it could be discussed.

if someone now wants to post it in the proper format in the Ideas section, you are free to. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.