• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Buying goods

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game since November last year and I would like to make a suggestion. Would it not be helpful for us players to progress better if we could use our coins to buy the goods we need? I have always found it difficult to obtain goods with the exchange system, sometimes it's ok but mostly I have found it can take days or weeks to make any headway because of the lack of goods. The prices guide set by you will be up to the buyer to decide if he/she wants to pay for it. I have found it easier to make coins in all eight cities than it is to make goods, after all, the citizens pay every day, (Like we all do in real life). We still keep the exchange system but have another way of getting what we want. In my cities the pillagers always steal the goods, just like I do ( if they are available). I know also that we could buy diamonds, but I am a pensioner and my wife would kill me if I kept spending on a game. I buy when I can afford it, ( which isn't very often). I love this game and I hope you don't mind me making this suggestion. All the best, Vic

DeletedUser7719

One point in this game is to balance out what we need. This includes coins, supplies, goods, etc.
(-1 from me)

Amy Steele

General
-1 from me too - this falls under the category of 'making the game easier' - in this case ridiculously easy. For this reason it is an idea that is very unlikely ever to be accepted. Goods are what guilds and trading are there for.

DeletedUser

Yes, this game is all about balancing everything... looks to me that you need some extra supply buildings, or you could ask your neighbours, friends and guildmates to motivate your supplies first :)

DeletedUser

. . Would it not be helpful for us players to progress better if we could use our coins to buy the goods we need? I have always found it difficult to obtain goods with the exchange system. . .

. . . looks to me that you need some extra supply buildings, or you could ask your neighbours, friends and guildmates to motivate your supplies first :)

Since the post is about goods, and goods buildings cannot be motivated, I suspect a mistake in that second bit of advice.

But the idea of building extra goods buildings is sound. If there are goods that are in demand on the market and I have the boost for those goods then I often make 3 or more of that building as I recognize a good trading value. I recommend it to you.

DeletedUser

Since the post is about goods, and goods buildings cannot be motivated, I suspect a mistake in that second bit of advice.

Yes, but I read the opening post in such a way that although he had plenty of coins, he had not nearly enough supplies to produce his own goods (apart from the fact he had bad trading possibilities). Could've been my interpretation though! :)