• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Buying and selling at market

DeletedUser108657

Would it be possible to include gold and supplies in the market, so that for example, coffee can be sold for gold, or machine parts can be bought with supplies, or supplies bought with gold?

DeletedUser106121

I like this idea. It is in accordance with real world economy.

DeletedUser12400

This falls under the category of making the game too easy. Guidelines for suggesting new ideas can be found here

DeletedUser108657

It does not fall under any such category Overtype. It does not make the game easier, it adds an additional angle. The existing trading model is fundamentally flawed and as a result little or no trading happens, which is completely pointless.

We are all aware of the location of those guidelines thank you.

DeletedUser99692

This would get a +1 from me.

As you move into the higher ages finding the appropriate trade rates without the use of an external trade calculator is well nigh impossible and can cause endless friction within a guild. A clear cut price for goods would be a Godsend but no doubt a programming nightmare. A built in fair trade guild would also be great.

DeletedUser12400

It does not fall under any such category Overtype.
Please read through the Ideas previously suggested thread.
These ideas will not be implemented:

Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).
Having a "holding area" for buildings to make rearranging easier (likewise).
Exchanging coins for supplies and/or goods, or vice versa (likewise).

Other ideas that are regularly proposed have already been announced as "on the way" in some form. These include:
Being able to control our own defence.
Inter-guild competition.

DeletedUser108657

I'm really sorry, but just because you think it falls under a category Overtype, that doesn't make it fact.

In my view it has nothing to do with easiness, and again please do not have such little respect for other users in telling them what to do.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I think Overtype was only passing on the information from the Community Manager Team to show that your idea had already been considered by them and they'd decided against it. The full list of such ideas is in the Previously Suggested Ideas thread if you want to check it out https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6517-Ideas-previously-suggested&p=43115#post43115
For myself I don't mind not being able to buy goods with coins or supplies. It is just the way the game is and so far it has worked fine for me. But that is indeed, as you say, just my opinion.

DeletedUser2989

I'll be marking this thread as "Do Not Suggest" due to it being the same as the following thread:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6350-Trade-production-gold

There are also a few other times this has been suggested and the most recent time was the following one (suggestion number 4) which was confirmed as "Do Not Suggest" as of February this year:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11338-Just-a-couple-of-ideas

InnoGames is still not considering implementing the possibility of trading with coins/supplies in the market as they've constructed it to be "Goods only" for a few reasons.

DeletedUser108657

Hi Tankovy, thanks for the information. Are you a forum admin or dev?

DeletedUser99588

Hi Tankovy, thanks for the information. Are you a forum admin or dev?

No he isn't but he is part of a team that reports to another team that reports to someone else that might be able to whisper into a devs ear now and again. Maybe 12 months later a response feeds its way back to the forum.

DeletedUser15432

Ray Valley, this idea does fall under the heading of "making the game easier", if a person has a set of letters before there in game name it means that they are responsible for minitoring that particular aspect of the game - example
FM - forum moderator
SFM - Senior forum Moderator
CCM - Co Community Manager
Also, the moderators word is final, if you wish to question there word use the support system, do not post it in general forum

DeletedUser96901

It does not make the game easier
it would make the game extremely easy

you could only produce coins and nothing else
and then buy everything else on the market

the game couldn't be made easier

In my view it has nothing to do with easiness
but in the view of most of the other in this forum :rolleyes:

Would it be possible to include ... coffee can be sold for gold...
coffee can already be sold for gold: if someone accepts the trade ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96867

No he isn't but he is part of a team that reports to another team that reports to someone else that might be able to whisper into a devs ear now and again. Maybe 12 months later a response feeds its way back to the forum.

Unfortunately history has shown that the system isn't nearly that efficient or quick. :)