• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

BUY BUY BUYours

DeletedUser

There is one thing I strongly dislike about this game. STOP MAKING IT A MONEY PIT. There is an option to buy yourself through ANYTHING in this game.

Deven

Surge

Brigadier-General
Invalid. This game is designed to make money for the company, in fact that's the purpose of game production. However I think some of the features could be cut. I mean you can buy a theatre so early and its also highly overpowered, providing 810 happiness, taking only 12 squares, and can be polished for double happiness. Some statistics should be a bit nerfed on the premium stuff. More to the point, putting convenience options like Tribal Wars had 2-3 years back would be better than an imbalanced premium system like this.

DeletedUser

That is very true, i was just looking at it the other day and working out that for a few hundred dollars you could basically have all the tech and territories and be at the top from day 1...

The one thing I think they should do to stop this is to make Forge Points the one thing you can not buy for diamonds, if they are only available for gold or over time that would at least slow the person with diamonds down... I have been playing the game that way and it still works well and the diamonds give an advantage but without being overwhelming as i still have to wait time to accumulate the gold and the cost increse in gold per forge point would make this a very costly exercise for someone trying to buy their way through...

Surge

Brigadier-General
Then again, its going to be there no matter how much we scream and cry. Forge points for diamonds is a big moneymaker. The #1 guy on my continent didn't get to Iron Age yet (however I did) and there's a #20 or #30 guy who already has 2 theatres and an Iron Age town hall. People buy it and still will buy this stuff I tell ya. And if this happens, the devs will never take out this absurd system.

DeletedUser561

I don't see it much of a big deal personally. Because the only personally advantage is to build up their town to be more advanced. I haven't found anything that gives them a combat bonus (sure they get further ahead with tech) but when it comes to collecting medals (just assuming this part) if he is in the early middle ages and others are still in bronze they won't be able to get medals will they?? Because they have to be in the same era as other players in their neighbourhood.Besides, if there was a combat advantage for diamond users the game was built so they couldn't harass people constantly with their early built troops (eg. 24 hour interaction break)

Just my thoughts on it.

DeletedUser

actually - your wrong kanga - you can get the medals by killing bronze units and being the only person in that era... I know because that is how I have my medals... i was in iron era first and won the tournament before others even got into iron era...

DeletedUser38

Unfortunately, there is very little we can do about this. Though, due to the high price of diamonds, I doubt many players will be taking an extreme advantage over regular players, and usually, with the current gameplay, I'd say it would still be playable for non diamond buyers.

Of course, in a ideal world, I'd also like to see completly free games :) but I dont see the diamonds feature being removed.

DeletedUser6138

I played a lot of games like this but this is definitely the one who makes the biggest difference between non buyer players ( or player who buy some diamonds) and players who buy a lot of diamonds.
Advantage of those who buy lots of diamonds is too big ..
I understand that the purpose of the game is to make money... but this is too much. it will result leaving of players from the game and stay in the game only a few of these buyers .. If this is the point of the game then it is all right "if u don't like it just leave it and change the game", but i doubt....Who needs a game with 100 active players, and in the end they will also leave game...Currently in my neighborhood there are only 9 active players :( :( :( ...
In other games you can also buy certain resources or something else but that does not make such a big difference ..
For example. You can buy a certain number of resources or gold, etc., but it is a one time and then if you want more u must to pay again. In this game when you buy a villa it makes forever real big difference, or amphitheater, paved road, etc.... buying forge points I will not even mention ... In the first week of game buyers make more than double advantage, and it just grows and grows
My opinion is that the game has great potential but this could destroy it..... unfortunately...

DeletedUser

Hello MHunter, welcome to the forums!

This is an issue that has been discussed many times before, and if you enter "diamonds" in the search bar at the top right of your screen, I'm sure you'll come across quite some threads on it - maybe you like to discuss the topic more there, than opening yet another thread on it :D
About your neighbourhood being so small: inactive players are hidden, and each Monday morning neighbourhoods with about the same average progress (and if possible) will be merged into bigger neighbourhoods, so with a bit of luck you'll have more neighbours come Monday!
On top of that, there are server-wide guilds, and I suggest you try to join one in the world you're playing in. It makes a lot of difference in trade and making progress.

As you're just starting on the game, I suggest reading this guide (click) which has a lot of helpful information. More guides on various topics, you can find in that guide section of the forum as well.

Enjoy the game!

DeletedUser6138

You are very quick on answers. very nice :)
I'm sure there are plenty of discussions on this topic... because there are a lot of good players, but good players here can't do anything and does not mean anything....
If this "problem" still remains unchanged no need for further discussions on this topic. I just expressed my opinion.
I'm already ranked well in my neighborhood and I'm a member of the guild. As I said, I played a lot of browser games and still play them. That's why I had no problem to join in and play well. I'm writing this conclusion from my experience with this and other games
I like this game....I played better and worse than this game,...
But ......
example:
I'm on the server from the beginning ( day, more or less) and one week after the start I was in the top 5.. than appeared the two players ( until that moment we had more than a few thousand points) and all purchased with diamonds . Now these two players are 3 times better than me... and I play quite often. very discouraging... :(
This does not mean that the rest of us are not willing to spend money on diamonds. but there must be a limit to the advantages that you can make. first ranked player on our server is spent on buildings 20,000 diamonds at least.. and it's just what you can see and count
But like I said... this is just my opinion....maybe this is not a problem to other players. After all..... will the game succeed or not depends on good players just as dependent on those who buy bunch of diamonds....

DeletedUser

Welcome to the Forums :)

Sometimes the Premium boost does seem unfair, but to be honest I don't think diamonds give you a that extremely big advantage.
I have only purchased diamonds twice and I'm pretty high ranked in my world, guild and neighbourhood, while there are plenty of players there that have their whole town or big parts of their town filled with Premium Buildings.
The buildings give some more points than casual buildings, but this is a one time gain (when you build it).

I think the highest ranked players just PvP a lot.. A LOT.
This is the fastest way to get points and the best way to get points.

So even though Premium buildings do give you a momentary boost, you still have to work through PvP and town development to keep your points going up.

Hope this changes your view on Premium unfairness.
Enjoy the game!

- L

DeletedUser653

Diamonds do give a big advantage, especially in Tech Tree and not having to wait for missing goods. I know this as I purchased 26k of them in Arvahall, I wasted far too much in tech tree and would advise new players to spend more wisely if monies more tight, good buys for me were Bakery, it appears very early and massive goods at that time. I kept these and only replaced when the Spice traders came along. Other big buy was Palaces - really helps to save space for more troops. But number 1 buy was the extra expansion units - again all about getting more space for more troops.

Playing in Brisgard with no diamonds and its much slower and and city is much smaller.

I think Diamonds give too much advantage and a good active diamond player will always beat a good active non-diamond player etc etc. I suspect Forge points will not resolve the issue as I bought very few (maybe 20 in total) but i rarely ever got stuck on tech tree and normally was stacking goods to cover the next 3 or 4 locations in the tree, but if I did get stcuk I would just buy the goods with diamonds.

DeletedUser3157

I could go on about this issue for very long, but to make one of my points very shortly:

Current highly visible pay2win system scares away a huge chunk of potentsial hard-core players. It is just so in-your-face and blatantly overpowered once you have spent an hour to figure out this game. Especially since then you are not yet aware of how much your ranking score will actually depend on your PvP points, so it seems just crazy stupid. Not really what you want to do, especially before you get the person hooked up. Every expirenced semi-intelligent gamer will feel insulted/lied to every time a moderator claims him "you don't need diamonds to win", because he sees, 2x..3x..5x advantages everywhere avalibe for money.

Once you get further along in the game, you realize that ok the advatage is not That huge, and as in most games, it is mosty about activity above rest. But make no joke about it, no matter how big and high ranked non-diamond user you are, it is only because there is nobody even remotly as good as you diamond user near you. But that's what devs want, that's what keeps those guys paying, so it's ok.

It's just the approach I find most wrong. Kids aint even hooked up on your stuff when u already telling em how bad it is for them. And it really is bad.

I think it's mostly due to the fact that this game is very un-competative that it is still not blatantly clear to everyone how unbanced current money features are. But I think unfortunetly it is so un-competative for the very same reason(and as addressed above).

DeletedUser276

will the game succeed or not depends on good players just as dependent on those who buy bunch of diamonds....

You seem to be of the assumption that there is no more of the game changes coming :) There are still big additions coming that even change the tactics used in city building and fighting. When everything is released it will become more clear. As of right now though we are about 40% released to the public for whats coming up.

DeletedUser

I realize this thread is a little old, but nonetheless, having played some other online games before, I do think the diamonds are very overpriced.

Most games average about £30 per month, but here we are with an option to buy in excess of £60+ in a single purchase. I fully appreciate that the game server(s) need to be funded, but this is about funding, not an option to buy the company!!

DeletedUser276

if you research my first posts I started with here I have always said the diamonds were costly. I also suggested options and alternatives.

DeletedUser

I realize this thread is a little old, but nonetheless, having played some other online games before, I do think the diamonds are very overpriced.

Most games average about £30 per month, but here we are with an option to buy in excess of £60+ in a single purchase. I fully appreciate that the game server(s) need to be funded, but this is about funding, not an option to buy the company!!

LoL, love the way this was presented. Diamonds are wayyyy.... too expensive and I think everyone knows this. Even so many players have spent a LOT of money over the months.

My take on this is that you are really not competeing with other players much in this game (yet ?). Therefore you set your own goals and play to them. Cash Rich/Time Poor players have a different set of priorities that Time Rich/Cash Poor(me!) players. It is pointless and self defeating to complain that other people are not playing to your own arbitrary self imposed rules.

DeletedUser653

But how this game is created, there is no direct competition for territories and resources, only medals on PvP towers, and the pace of witch you advance is is really the same, regardless of how advanced other players are (is only limited by your skill and how active you are, with or without advanced "diamond players" you won't go faster or slower)

About PvP towers: Is the only place when you can enter in direct competition with premium users.

But... to explain better, I will give you my situation. For now, I compete in HMA Tournament, Even if other players have units like Great Sword Warrior and Longbow Archers, if they use those units, the points gained will not go into HMA Tower, so if they want to compete with me, they will have to use THE SAME units as I do, also they are limited to THE SAME numbers of towns to attack, they can attack a stronger town, and win more battles, but using stronger units (1 superior unit out of 8) is enough to give the points to the next tower.

So unless some people have a Inferiority complex when they look at ranking table, or they are "jealous" of the Shining structures that a premium player have, there is really no problem, your advance would be the same, with or without premium users, except that without premium users you woul;d not advance at all, because it would be no game to advance in the first place. :)

forem, I am sorry but your logic is not correct, because of diamonds I have more expansions then a non diamond player, I have a higher population due to diamond buildings, I have places and bigtops for happiness. This gives me about a 30%-40% larger area for troops and hence I have 6 longbows, 4 muskets, 4 rangers, 4 long range etc etc. With many more troops and higher troops I can dominate PVP towers because I can attack more players using my larger number of troops to replace any injured. I was the first to every tower and normally had weeks of no competition, I can attack 80 players a day if I need to just because of my large troop numbers - a non diamond player cannot do that.

I am #1 in PVP towers with 4682 medals from only 2304 battles (so its not just lot of PVP battles) so the logic is backed up by actual experiance.

But - I agree with you and everyone who thinks diamonds spoil the game, they do. TW was about right for premium players the advantage was that things were easier and quicker but there were not that big an advantage. Diamonds here are too expensive to be available to most players and give too big and advantage to those that can afford them.

DeletedUser653

Forem,
I hate to say this but you also miss the point.

You may be in bronze and I am in Colonial, and I agree I have to fight in the bronze tower with bronze troops, but you will have a very small village and few troops I had the option of at least 6 troop buildings from bronze due to my extra population and expansions. For example, when I joined colonial age I still had 6 archer buildings (I used then in Bronze, EMA and sometime HMA, great little troops!) and could beat 99% of players in bronze or EMA ages as they did not have troops in depth and could not attack as many players as me.

Untill a week ago I used to win most towers from Colonial right down to Ironage, I had troops from all ages and fought low point players with iron age troops and medium ones with HMA etc etc. This has only changed due to the massive increase in population and space needed for colonial troops , so far I have had to find 109 squares and 5435 population. So finally I have had to give up all the lower age troops to ensure I have an easy ride in the Colonial tower. But i do miss those archers, we went back many months and had a great time together!

So I do agree with your logic that I must use bronze age troops to fight you but alas I had many more bronze age troops and would normally win the tower. The only time I did not was when a player called "andylauo" joined my group and he was really really active and for the 3 weeks he was here, he must have attacked every player every day and he won every tower, but hes given up now.

So it is possible for a non diamond player to be ultra active and beat a diamond player, but in all the time I have played I have only seen one player that active (he bows to the dead body of "andylauo") and since I am not willing to play this game 6-8 hours a day (like we had to back in the TW days!!) I will not get to attack all 80 players each and everyday (but I still do hit 80 from time to time if I need the PVP points!).

DeletedUser653

Opps - I accept the iron age V's bronze age point.

I think we are struggling to almost agree with each other, most of your points are true and the only area we really disagree on is my point that I can always have more military buildings in an age then the average player of that age can and thus do get an advantage in the tower because I can have more fights before I run short on fighters. Using this logic a good player non diamond player could be beaten by a poor diamond player in the PVP tower total points.

Your screen shot does not mean a lot as its very possible that players 2 & 3 are attacking all players including a lot of spears, while you are sensible enough to only attack players with full defensive forces as you know this maximizes the PVP points. The problem is we do not know the reason for their lower points but higher number of fights and we both are guessing. But you are right that a good player should get more PVP points (on avearage) per fight due to lower losses/damage.