• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bouncing message page

DeletedUser503

You may have noticed the message page bounces alluringly as you pass over the messages with your mouse (or finger).

The trouble is the bouncy messages are doing my head in - literally.

There is a not insignificant part of the population that suffer from dyslexia, myers Irlen and visual problems associated with head injuries that will find this bounce distracting to nauseating - say 10 - 15 % of the population and I'm one of them.

Trying to read the written word whilst it is bouncing if you have the above (and other) conditions relating to visual acuity isn't worth the aftermath - the headache and dizziness. For some of the above written words bounce anyway - so adding to the bounce - is - painful

DeletedUser110195

Before I go and find out if I see what you're seeing I need to know what it is you mean...my best guess was the message threads in game, I'm frequently here in the forums and haven't seen that on thread indexes or threads themselves. I looked, but didn't see anything. So before I say yay or nay, fill me in specifically on what I'm yaying or naying.

DeletedUser503

It's the messages in game, they are bouncing all the time, even when you try to type an answer, it's a nightmare if you've got problems with your eyesight. It's worse than the AA battlefield was - all white on white - only ever played on auto

DeletedUser110195

Well, I checked and on the browser version everything in there is as steady as an extinct volcano. Asked a RL friend who plays on his phone, aside from when the keyboard pops up, no movement there either. I dunno what's going on. =|

DeletedUser110131

I had a look, as well. Like Augustavian, I only checked the browser (Firefox) version. I couldn't find anything. Since Augustavian's RL friend couldn't find any such effect on a phone either, it seems related to your device, rather than the game. Based on general knowledge of software, with no in-depth knowledge of the SW for this game, and off the top of my head, there are two factors that may account for it:

Firstly, the game is in a very high level programming language; that is, it's actually run by another program, rather than directly on the device. The details of that program will vary between devices, browsers, and operating systems, making possible a variety of effects.

Secondly, when you pass over something with the mouse/finger, the graphics alter to highlight it. That requires processing and refreshing of the image. Conceivably, a strained device may have choppy or slow refreshing, producing a fading in and out of screen elements. How it would produce "bouncing" isn't obvious, but stranger things have happened.

Others may have more suggestions, and some may have observed the same phenomenon. Some may even know a fix or workaround. In the meantime, though, you may want to try a different device, and see if the effect is there, as well. It may not be very helpful, since getting a new phone/pad/computer/OS for the sake of an Internet game is a bit much. Switching browsers is more realistic, though. You may also try to fiddle with the settings for the device, especially things that reduces the strain, run fewer processes (programs) in the background, turn off any animations (if possible), etc..

DeletedUser503

Hi there, I've tried the usual - refresh etc.

Interesting thing - the bounce cycles - about every 3 - 4 seconds - the same time gap as stars on building bounce and the bounce looks deliberate - like a shimmy

DeletedUser108137

It might help if you could record your screen so we could see what you're seeing. Or at least a screenshot to indicate which part is moving. :)

DeletedUser110131

the same time gap as stars on building
If it's exactly the same time gap, that's almost certainly not a coincidence. It increases the likelihood that it's a bug, resulting from a deviation from the program to platform interface standard, either by Inno's code or by your device. Quite possibly, on your device, the same function call that makes the stars bounce, is also applied to the messages. This may give developers a clue on where to look to find the cause. They'll also need to know what device you're using, to recognize and fix the cause when they find it. You should check if there are any updates to your device and software; it may have been fixed from that side. This is all based in the assumption of a connection between the messages and stars.

These belong among "the usual" in the troubleshooting arsenal: Shut down other programs. Update your device and software. Reboot the device. Try another device/browser/OS.

@typhi's request makes a lot of sense, and knowing your device would be nice, as well.

AhLiHo

Private
was hoping this thread was about the way pop ups appear on my tablet ... im getting nauseous with the frame expanding ...

DeletedUser653

No problems here over bouncing messages so pretty sure its a bug with the OP and he should try cleaning cache (CCLEANER really good) and maybe changing brouser ?