• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Boost Overview

Malynn

Corporal
Why hasn’t the boosts for QI been listed in the Town Hall (Boost Tab) along with the other boosts, GbG, GE. Inno have known for some time now that they were going to introduce QI and that it would have a separate boost from the other features. They also knew they would buff Cultural Settlement buildings which would provide boosts for QI. So why no separate listing on the boosts tab in the Town Hall? We are having to resort to pencil and paper to try and work out our boost in QI.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Updating several aspects of the game and ensuring they all started at the same time and all aspects worked as should would require some type of planning.

Generally appears they nudge things piecemeal dependant on what aspects will gain revenue first. The rest when they get chance or round to it.

Philodus

Corporal
Updating several aspects of the game and ensuring they all started at the same time and all aspects worked as should would require some type of planning.
I have often thought about this, imagine the kind of work they would have to do when a new era is released; planning the stats for every single building released into the game since 2012 and updating these in code, without missing even a single 1x1 anywhere. I'm intrigued that it's even possible.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I have often thought about this, imagine the kind of work they would have to do when a new era is released; planning the stats for every single building released into the game since 2012 and updating these in code, without missing even a single 1x1 anywhere. I'm intrigued that it's even possible.
Most of it is an algorithmic progression, so the next age is just +whatever % to each stat that it had, that's probably in a table somewhere and automatically adds to the value that is looked up for each age, on the ones that scale by age. There are obviously some buildings that are flat boost regardless of age but those were defined when the building was setup and don't change.

It's probably a lot easier than you imagine, if it was coded and programmed properly.

Not taking any bets on that though, as for the first time ever, a time changed flummoxed the programmers on how to "make the trains run on time" for QI and GBG so... yeah, maybe it is too complex.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
a time changed flummoxed the programmers on how to "make the trains run on time" for QI and GBG so... yeah, maybe it is too complex.

Not only once but twice in 2 weeks. Very complicated situation though, I imagine the second one really took someone by surprise.

Would have been quite radical a suggestion for someone responsible/managing the game and teams to suggest checking that everything else was adjusted to accommodate the time change after the first issue.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Not only once but twice in 2 weeks. Very complicated situation though, I imagine the second one really took someone by surprise.

Would have been quite radical a suggestion for someone responsible/managing the game and teams to suggest checking that everything else was adjusted to accommodate the time change after the first issue.
GBG should have been fine and it was, but they couldn't even verify that, lol. It was coded before the massive layoffs last year and has been through several time changes since 2019... without any problems, it's the QI that was new and obviously missing whoever knew how to make a call in the code to check server time when GBG was programmed. :lol: