• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Better the unit....worse they are??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why do i struggle to get better units. For example, i work to get throwers and im all like wooh some good distance units. then i attack a spearfighter and it takes away 2 bars of health. uu te ef. Shouldnt the thrower be stronger being that it is a hard unit to attain. Same goes with warriors, they dont do much at all, as well as horsemen. Is it just me or does the battle system and units need to be rethought out?

Kall

DeletedUser276

you grazed the spearfighter :P each unit is good and weak against something... spearfighters are strong against long distance weak against mid range and half strength when at short range.

DeletedUser

is there some sort of table or chart that describes the advantages and disadvantages of each unit?

Kall

DeletedUser

Why do i struggle to get better units. For example, i work to get throwers and im all like wooh some good distance units. then i attack a spearfighter and it takes away 2 bars of health. uu te ef. Shouldnt the thrower be stronger being that it is a hard unit to attain. Same goes with warriors, they dont do much at all, as well as horsemen. Is it just me or does the battle system and units need to be rethought out?

Kall

Now you understand why just about everybody builds exclusively light infantry and archers

DeletedUser

which is something that needs to be looked into :p

I agree, it's pretty silly how much better an army of archers works out than an army of cavalry... despite cavalry "countering" archers.

DeletedUser2238

I haven't figured out what good "horsemen" are. I think I'm going to delete the horseman training camp and use that space for something more productive.

Can anyone tell me a good reason not to delete the horsemen?

DeletedUser

I haven't figured out what good "horsemen" are. I think I'm going to delete the horseman training camp and use that space for something more productive.

I did the same thing and replaced it with a thrower camp, expecting siege weapons to be kinda strong, being they are seige weapons, but i find my slingers are still doing more damage.

DeletedUser

I see no point in building any bronze age units besides slingers and spearfighters.

DeletedUser

I did the same thing and replaced it with a thrower camp, expecting siege weapons to be kinda strong, being they are seige weapons, but i find my slingers are still doing more damage.

siege weapons do deal a wee bit amount of damage but it's their range that is their real asset. Believe me, you'll be throwing curses at the ballistae/catapults/trebuchets that work fine(not those that just move to a nearby hill and somehow fell asleep and forgot to fire) against your eventual units of choice during the iron age :D

Status
Not open for further replies.