• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Best iron age units?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4287
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4287

Hi there... I'm new in the forum. I searched a bit and I found discordant opinions.
Someone told horse are useless and ranged unbalanced, someone told is better to have all units and use the right one for the bonus...

So... I'm a bit confused I need a topic to regroup all ideas.

What do you think?
- Make all barracks, all units and change them regarding of the units I'm facing. This maybe can be the best, but is so expensive... does it worth the cost?
- Make only some units: ex: Archers+soldiers. Because they are cheap, and with a bit of tatic, they can be used efficiently vs all?

Tell me yours! =)

[edit] P.S. At the moment I'm at Iron age.. and I'm especially interested in this age. But we can also make a general discussion...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Mahapro, welcome to the forums!

First of all I'd like to point out the guides section of these forums, in case you hadn't seen that yet, and especially this thread (click), regarding military buildings/units. Especially the colour-coding is important :).

Personally, for the iron age I like my archers best - they're strong and can do quite a bit of damage from a distance. I wouldn't make all the buildings/units, as that'll cost you quite some space/population.

DeletedUser4287

Hi, Pendragon! Thanks for answer!
Yes I already read the guide.. but from only those numbers it's not easy to choose. So I wanted to hear some opinions.

So you in iron age, what units did you build? only archers?

DeletedUser1946

I only build archers since they are very versatile. The most experienced players can use the archers efficiently in the battles on the map till the beginning of the LMA. I suggest building 3 or more archery ranges.

DeletedUser

I'm way beyond the iron age now, and still use my archers, sometimes combined with ballistas as they cover most of the field from their starting spot, and are very effective against mounted archers/archers and the enemy's long-distance units.
On the map I've just entered the late middle ages, and only now I need better troops too :).

DeletedUser1081

yes, archers all the way, until you reach crossbows. then it's archers and crossbows until you reach longbows, at which point archers, crossbows and longbows is what you want.

archers rock :cool:

DeletedUser4287

Many thanks for your advices.
Well... you all are saying "archers, archers" So I think I'll try them! =P

Someone other think different?

Oh and, last thing about this:
yes, archers all the way, until you reach crossbows. then it's archers and crossbows until you reach longbows, at which point archers, crossbows and longbows is what you want.

From Archers to crossbow there aren't 2 ages? I can destroy all LMA units on the map with only arcers?
Someone here told he had some difficults in LMA...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

archers, then trebs, then longbowmen and im guessing then cannons, not quiet there yet :p with those you should be able to beaty most npc's and farm most your neighbours

DeletedUser

Just read this thread and went with the general advice given. Very good results am now building 2 more Archeries. Thanks for the thread and the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.