• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Battlefield: Surrender exploit

DeletedUser

As described in THIS THREAD, there's a critical bug that needs to be fixed at highest Priority.

While the exploit allowing you to hit refresh in a battle you're about to lose and saving your troops this way is good for practise and only fair as long as the AI still cheats with it's moving prediction, the bug described in said thread will get you virtually unlimited battlepoints, and thus rendering PvP Towers pointless. All you have to do is find yourself a sector that enables you to kill one or two enemy units first without suffering any hits. Once this is done, you can hit "Surrender" and start the same fight over and over again. Same map, same troop movements, same battlepoints for you each time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I also agree... and believe those that have used the exploit, should be banned for life from FoE.

DeletedUser1176

Thanks for posting it here, I couldn't do it before.

This is really a very serious issue, and need to be solved.

DeletedUser

high priority bug, definitely exploitable, please look into this one AND solve it

DeletedUser

No bug here, when the game encounters an error -- it automatically refreshes and message pops up giving me options to continue the battle or surrender

DeletedUser

No bug here, when the game encounters an error -- it automatically refreshes and message pops up giving me options to continue the battle or surrender

if you've read through the thread you'll find somebody talking about gaining an indefinite amount of BPs for as much as you can just by retreating after killing a few enemy units without taking damage on your troops...

DeletedUser1081

... just for the record, before we all get hopelessly confused & confusing: retreating and surrendering are not the same thing. And Benjamin, please read the thread, okay? it's not about errors/reset scenarios.

DeletedUser

As I wrote in the first post, there are two similar errors, flaws, glitches, bugs - whatever you may want to call them. One of them being a fair exchange for yet another bug, and the other one being really serious and gameplay influencing.

DeletedUser

While the exploit allowing you to hit refresh in a battle you're about to lose and saving your troops this way is good for practise and only fair as long as the AI still cheats with it's moving prediction,
Last time I checked the refresh thing, my battle restarted exactly where it was when I hit refresh. Same damage on units, dead units were still dead, etc. So I cannot practice and save troops.

Are you saying some player can still do that and never lose a unit in a lost cause??

DeletedUser

Thank you!
Can I have some more provinces please to test the fix? I've arrived in Mount Killmore, so end of the road for me on en1....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seems to still be working as I killed a crossbow unit and did the surrender part and got the points, 442 points, for doing it.

DeletedUser

/bumping this as it is still happening and appears it was a missed fix.

DeletedUser

Update june 5th
Hello players and forum goers,

Some bugs regarding 0.10.0 were fixed........
- You no longer receive battle points if you "cancel" a fight

Can someone please check again? Unfortunately, I can't test this as I've run out of provinces.