• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Battle Enhancement

DeletedUser

When defending, your defending army basically stinks because of how the computer moves the defending players.

I would like to see something like the game Battle Pirates used as a way of fighting defending battles.

When you are online and someone attacks the game would notify you of that attack and then give you the option to join the battle. Thus allowing you to move your defending players so the attacker doesn't always have the upper hand.

Also you could put options for auto battles maybe. Such as Defending army shall, play defensively, aggressive, or balanced.

Thank you for listening!
Sir Poopsalot

Also it would be good if when you click on your buildings that are training soldiers you would get the same menu options as when they are not training. Thus you can unlock other soldiers without having to wait 4 hours or in the case of the Rogue Hideout 24 hours. It would still only allow you to train one soldier at a time, but maybe you could spend diamonds and pay for the training of a second soldier at the same time.

What could also be cool, is if you rotated the battle field a bit so it is not so top down and added time elements to the battlefield.

Such as:
1.) Daytime or Midday and you could see the sky with clouds a bit in the background
2.) Sunrise or Dawn
3.) Night time and you could see the moon and the stars a bit in the background
4.) Sunset or Dusk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey,

Welcome to the Forge of Empires forum! :)

As for your proposal for battle control, there is a future update coming which will allow players to either control their armies or leave it to the AI called "guild wars". Take a look at the following quotes - in addition you may want to read this thread: Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled.

The Guild vs. Guild feature will give the PvP players an outlet for their energies. As it is an optional feature where friendly/PvE players don't have to participate, this will most likely lessen the number of attacks aimed at them.
when that feature comes up I am sure that they wont "force" you to control your defending troops. I am sure that you can select ai control and the battle takes place as it does now. Off your screen and on your enemies.

From what I "think" since I dont know all the exact details is it probably will be that if you dont control your troops it runs as now. No loss of troops or damage but the AI is stupid and you will lose easilly. Or you can choose to defend with your troops and your defending troops will take damage and you could lose troops defending BUT you are smarter than any AI and can defend your troops in a great way.

With regards to your proposal:
Also you could put options for auto battles maybe. Such as Defending army shall, play defensively, aggressive, or balanced.

There is a (somewhat) similar idea proposed already - take a look at Ability to Modify Defensive AI Priorities.

Finally.. please make use of the idea template (click here) in order to present your idea(s) in a clear and structured way so that other players will be able to provide you with genuine feedback.

And now I am done! (whew) ;)

Last edited by a moderator: