• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ballista is a pain in the butt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i would negotiate, but it would take about 6 days so i can trade with the merchants since nobody in my group is trading jewelery

DeletedUser

i would negotiate, but it would take about 6 days so i can trade with the merchants since nobody in my group is trading jewelery

Lame, too bad you're not in my group. I've got a jewelery bonus node pumpin out jewels

DeletedUser

lucky man. oh well, i basically traded ALL my goods to the merchants to negotiate lol

DeletedUser

I have a question: what's the best setup against 2 soldiers and 6 ballistas? As of now I can make 8 soldiers, 8 archers and 2 ballistas.

DeletedUser

8 archers will beat anything til LMA units. enemy range units will always attack your range units first, and you want to get to the ballistas ASAP. you could possibly use those 2 ballista and a couple archers to take out the soldiers real quick then have all go straight for ballista. either way, youre going to lose a couple archers. i eventually took them out with 8 spears with only 1 spear left, took many tries but figured it out

DeletedUser

8 archers will beat anything til LMA units. enemy range units will always attack your range units first, and you want to get to the ballistas ASAP. you could possibly use those 2 ballista and a couple archers to take out the soldiers real quick then have all go straight for ballista. either way, youre going to lose a couple archers. i eventually took them out with 8 spears with only 1 spear left, took many tries but figured it out

Went in with 6 archers and 2 ballistas, by the end of the first round, I lost an archer and a ballista; 2nd round was worse, and they took 3 archers. I can't get near them without losing too many units on the first 2 rounds :(

More ideas anyone? The enemy have 2 soldiers and 6 ballistas.

DeletedUser

im not sure how you lost that many so quick...i dont know how else to do it cause i did it with spears lol try those 8 soldiers. they have better defense for those ballistas and they also move farther. if i could do it with spears, it should be easy with soldiers

DeletedUser

im not sure how you lost that many so quick...i dont know how else to do it cause i did it with spears lol try those 8 soldiers. they have better defense for those ballistas and they also move farther. if i could do it with spears, it should be easy with soldiers

Everyone has their own strategies to beat ballistas, after all.

DeletedUser

Does anyone have a magic combination to fight vs 2 knights and 6 heavy infantry? I'm not convinced 8 archers can take those with their big 0-2 dmg per hit on heavy infantry...

Nvm, 6 archers and 2 mercs did the job, 2 archers survived.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1782

I took out 6 ballistas + 2 soldiers with 4 soldiers and 4 spearmen. Kept 5 of my 8 troops, some damaged, some not. Ballistas suck against melee units.

DeletedUser

I was stuck on the area with 5 ballistas and two soldiers.....after reading this thread I took 8 spear men into battle and first attempt defeated the area with 2 full strength and one injured spear men left
Key is stated above...stick to the trees....it will take many ballista to take out one spear man

Status
Not open for further replies.