• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Badakus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I decided even though I was in Bronze Age to take on Badakus. It turns out you can with 8 spears. The difference in troops is significant, but the IA is poor enough at tactics and the use of cover, that you can with a pure spears army take all the provinces. I lost 4,5,6,7 and 7 troops in the battles.

I don't know if this is the intent, that Bronze can compete with Iron or not, but it is possible using cover well and ignoring the archers until all other units are dealt with. Staying close to the starting edge of the board is key to keeping the archers out of battle.

DeletedUser

Yeah - i did the same thing, made me think that the game is perhaps a little to balanced, I even took on medieval troops with bronze age horses and have beat them, the difference between the ages is not significant enough to be of impact if you ask me... there have been a number of suggestions to re-work the combat system and this I think needs to be part of it...

DeletedUser

Well, im still fighting Hymir lol, still a bit to go there :P, but im nearly iron age lol

DeletedUser

Im at the end of the iron age and have fought or bribed my way through most of the early medieval provinces :)

Always infiltrate before you attack, the little health they lose comes in handy :)

DeletedUser

I have tried 3 times with 8 spears and died each time. Can you give more tips? What do you mean use cover? Sit them in it? once the legionnaires come along..they go splat.

DeletedUser3157

Those posts are old and from time when damages were different. It was easy then going deep into iron map with just spears. It's much much harder now. You can still take badakus with spears(I reciently did with one of my newer towns), but damn those legioners are tough. I remember my full health spears did concecutive 0 damage hits on them and my jaw just dropped(I hadn't really used spears for a while so I was just suprised). I'd recommend building slingers for fights with 2 or more legioners though, killing them with spears is just stupid :P

DeletedUser

Geesh! Perhaps this should be deleted then? Since the information in it is not accurate? What a waste of spears!

Status
Not open for further replies.