• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Back to The Future" Event & "Back Catalouge Sale"

DeletedUser108361

Hi All

A few of my guild mates and I were having a little brainstorming session last night and discussing Champ Retreats and how some of us (I am sure there is plenty out there that did the same) just used a Reno Kit to upgrade them to your current age. Now we wish we had saved those as they are very handy especially if you need to fight GvG in previous ages.

Two ideas that that came out of our discussions that i felt compelled to share with you all and hope that in regards to our idea for a future Event gets forwarded on to the developers :-)

Picture this....."The Back to the Future" event

Doc Brown in the Delorean taking us back through all the ages of FOE with a series of quests and the prize for each quest if completed is a Champ Retreat from that age !

As a final prize you could be awarded a Doc Brown avatar.

we all thought it was it's a brilliant idea and i feel everyone will be scrambling to get involved

A "Back Catalogue Sale" were players could buy Champ Retreats and other things from past ages with diamonds.

thanks and I look forward to any feedback :lol:

DeletedUser110195

I don't see it happening.....you may not be able to get champs of a lower age anymore but you can still build military buildings of whatever age and let traz make them for you. I don't think higher age people need a full advantage over the little people who are still in those ages. ;)

Interesting idea, could have other applications, would need to alter it a bit, I don't think inno really wants to pay for permission from universal to use doc brown and co. in the game.

DeletedUser108361

I don't see it happening.....you may not be able to get champs of a lower age anymore but you can still build military buildings of whatever age and let traz make them for you. I don't think higher age people need a full advantage over the little people who are still in those ages. ;)

Interesting idea, could have other applications, would need to alter it a bit, I don't think inno really wants to pay for permission from universal to use doc brown and co. in the game.

thanks for your response.

I don't see how it would make the "little people" are in any direct threat from higher age players owning multiple retreats as i'm not sure how your hood structure is set up but in mine there is no "little people" Unless you were talking about them in a gvg sense but there are "higher age players involved in lower age gvg all the time so its really not an unfair advantage. Our reasoning for wanting to get the retreats was for gvg and the obvious reason of they take up less space than having multiple military buildings.

i agree inno will not likely want to pay royalties but this was just a idea floated and as you say it would need to be altered to fit inno. maybe it could be rinbin in a Voltzwagon or a prius

DeletedUser108047

+1 to the idea... as an alternative to the idea for downgrade kits... or perhaps in conjunction with the idea for downgrade kits

DeletedUser110131

"Rinbin in a Voltzwagon" would open up for some fantastic visuals. Exactly what does a Volzwagon look like? What does it look like, once it's pimped up like a time traveling DeLorean? I imagine some form of monster mutant Beetle. Fun as that would be, Inno has more tradition for historical events.

H. G. Wells should be a natural candidate for a historical event, regardless. As it happens, The Time Machine is in the public domain; that is, the copyright has expired, and it's free to use. Of course, the movie version is probably still copyrighted, so an exact likeness of the machine from the movie will likely be impossible. Still, I assume that the description from the book is detailed enough that any visualization will be recognizable.

I believe that it's exactly GvG Augustavian is thinking about, though, and he has a good point. It should be possible for lower era players to participate in the GvG province for their own era. The question is if they're not already at such a large disadvantage that it really doesn't make much difference. How many low era players can match the levels of Traz that are common in later eras? It's possible, but extremely unusual, and the players in question are hardly "little people", regardless of their era.

DeletedUser108361

one example :-)

Attachments

• Bug_to_the_vwh_zpso3erm8li.jpg
    Bug_to_the_vwh_zpso3erm8li.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7

DeletedUser96901

awesome idea

for every film that has at least 3 parts there will be an event

:lol:

DeletedUser108047

maybe guild leaders could be issued with rings of power.... wonder if there is a player called smeagol?

DeletedUser108981

why don't inno give city expansions for prizes, expansions are getting really expensive

DeletedUser110131

expansions are getting really expensive
I'm sure that's intentional. It's that balance thing everyone keeps mentioning. Organizing your city is supposed to be a challenge; with easily available expansions, it won't be. They're keeping the availability of expansions on one side, and the size and necessity of buildings on the other, just so that it's difficult, but possible, to organize a city to match the requirements of each era. If they made expansions more easily available, they'd have to make buildings larger and less space efficient, in order to maintain the balance.

why don't inno give city expansions for prizes
They do, sort of. Every medal pack is a piece of an expansion; once you have all the pieces, you can place the expansion.

Of course, they could add some expansions, but they would have to be almost impossible to get, so that only a tiny minority would have the balance shifted slightly in their favor. Rewarding skilled play is an element of the game, and, as long as the difficulty matches the size of the reward, the balance will be maintained. However, giving the top 0.1 players too great rewards will, inevitably, result in complaints from the 99.9 who don't get the rewards. It's a judgement call, and they favor the decision that keeps as many players as possible as happy as possible. So, only moderate rewards for the best players.

Typically, the complaints are:
  • Unfair! Only the highest ranked players get the rewards!
  • Unfair! Only those spending obscene amounts of diamonds get the rewards!
  • Unfair! Only the players who cheat and use scripts get the rewards!
  • Unfair! Only the members of the big guilds get the rewards!
  • Unfair! Only the players who play unfairly (ie "better than me") get the rewards!
  • Unfair! Only the players who do [whatever I can't be bothered to do] get the rewards!
You'll find the forum full of whining along those lines.

Of course, we all think that we're in the skilled group that will get the rewards, so we keep complaining about their absence, right up until they're made available, and we discover that we aren't, which is when we start complaining that it's unfair.