• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [New Game Features] Avatar boosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Many or i can say that all strategy games have some small boost selecting the race or in this case from selecting the Avatar.

What do you say for that, that in FOE each Avatar has some small power? One avatars will have the same powers and so on.

Example:
- one avatar has 5% attack/defense boost
- one 5% coin/supply boost
- another has faster unit production
- or 5% happiness boost

This will add another strategy in how to chose your own Avatar and play based to your strategy.

What do you think?

My Updated Idea (24.8.2017):

You can put boost to Avatar when you want and which you want. Only 1 boost per Avatar are allowed. (Maybe optionally for diamond you can unlock one more spot, like in Friends Tavern).

If you want change the boost from one of you existing Avatar then the old boost are lost.

And that people not change Avatar so often (where they need another boost), must be a limit, that you can have only on 1 or 2 Avatars boost at the same time.
The boost you can delete at any time.

Last edited:

joesoap

Major-General
after some time in the game players tend to have a favourite avatar & rarely change it, i wouldnt like if my favourite had a boost that was useless to me & a useful boost was attributed to an ugly avatar that i would have to use in order to avail of the boost

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Yes that is true, but, now avatars maybe not reflecting the players type, but if you have 10 avatars with the same boots, then will find yourself a nice one right? And if you not care of boosts then ok, this is your decision.

Maybe your avatar will have the right boost to you, how you know? :)

Now is Avatars pointless...lets give them some function like in other great strategy game, like FOE is.

DeletedUser110195

Your avatar IS a reflection of you. Adding some bonus to the avatars would remove them as a reflection, as players would then choose that which gives them the boost they need, not because of the avatar itself.

The avatar is not the way to do this, if it is even appropriate for FoE. FoE isn't other games and there is no point trying to make it the same as all the rest. Sure, there are a lot of things in other games that could be ported into FoE (and, in my opinion, would be far better than Treasure Hunt, or Incidents!) but this is an individual/guild game not an individual/tribe/association game.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
And if you can buy a boost and pop up permanently to you favorite Avatar (maybe sell in Friends Tavern), like the boost and spells in you Inventory, then? :)

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
if i was going to buy a permanent boost then i want it attached to my city & not my avatar

And how can you do that?

Not forget that the Avatar can you change, but city you have only one, and if you remove the boost in the city it will lost, but Avatar are not lost.

And for City boost you have Friends Tavern...so its unlikely for permanent boost.

DeletedUser96901

that needs a time restriction
like: a new boost starts to work 24 hours later

or else:
change avatar to coin boost: collect coins
change avatar to supply boost: collect supply
change avatar to faster recruitement: start producing new units (at that time the bonus would reduce the time)
change avatar to fight boost: make battles

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I am not a fan that if i buy something for diamonds, thats not permanent.

My Updated Idea:

You can put boost to Avatar when you want and which you want. Only 1 boost are allowed. (Maybe optionally for diamond you can unlock one more spot, like in Friends Tavern).

If you want change the boost from one of you existing Avatar then the old boost are lost.

And that people not change Avatar so often (where they need another boost), must be a limit, that you can have only on 1 or 2 Avatars boost at the same time.
The boost you can delete and add at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.