• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Automtic default setting for production buildings

DeletedUser6603

Just wanted to see if anyone else thinks the production building should have an automatic production of last time setting used when clicking on them? Would save a lot of time and frustration for when the wrong setting gets accidentally selected.

Proposal:

production building could have an automatic repeat production of last setting used.

Reason:

More efficient, less tedious, decreased chance of user error.

Details:

Simply double click, right click, or just have the system repeat the
previous process until the player clicks on it to change setting of
a production building that has completed it's cycle. Thus it will
automatically repeat the same process as previously selected.

Visual Aids:

none needed

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

No abuse or balance issue inherent with this improvment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am sure lots of players vary the settings they use when starting production. I know that I do all the time. If I am at the PC, I use 1 hour intervals. Perhaps set a 4 hour when stepping out for a bit. Use 8 hours when going to sleep or work.

If the problem is accidently setting a wrong time interval on a building, you can always select it again and cancel.

DeletedUser

Hi Wilberham,

As what you are suggesting is an improvement/enhancement of the production time settings, you could use the improvement template.

DeletedUser6603

Hi Wilberham,

As what you are suggesting is an improvement/enhancement of the production time settings, you could use the improvement template.

Thanks LM,

already went ahead an proposed the Improvment before seeing your post :O)

DeletedUser

A great idea, would make game mechanics much easier + doesn't fall under the make things easier rule since the palyer still has to click on the building.

+1 keep them good ideas coming

DeletedUser

+1
Anything which retains strategy and removes excessive clicking is great.

DeletedUser13521

Nice one Wilberham, I was going to make a very similar suggestion and I found this thread before posting so I will add to it :D

My proposal :

Change the way supply buildings work slightly so they function a little more like houses - Make them so they automatically repeat your last production time. Instead of having the cancel production menu pop up when you click on one already producing, the menu could be changed to nearly exactly what we see now on an idle supply building, except it would simply change the production instead of start it.

Pro's :

Much more user friendly interface, you would still need to be playing actively to collect supplies but it would save an awful lot of repetitive clicking. I know my mouse hand tends to get sore trying to keep up with building 5 minute supplies on a lot of buildings!

Con's :

Would make supply buildings run slightly more efficiently not having the small downtime between productions while you set them. Particularly more so on the faster productions. This might be viewed negatively?

Balance / Abuse Prevention :

It would benefit all players in some fashion, more for active players than ones who do longer production times. Shouldn't be abusable ... as you would still need to be playing in order to collect from these buildings.

Summary :

Depending on how the code is done this may be very simple to implement or a complete reworking
of the current system. At least it would require minimal if any change to the graphical interface.
I think almost all players would really appreciate this change. If a supply building is plundered it should stay inactive as it was not collected and would provide bonus production essentially.

Thanks for reading / providing feedback!

On a side note ... I was also thinking that if supply buildings get modified like this it would be very nice to be able to switch from a 24 hour production down to an 8 or something so you can at least get some supplies back instead of a full blown cancel. I often find I set productions thinking I will not be back for say 8-10 hours .. and then of course find myself back on in 2-4 lol. And all the time invested into those productions gets wasted because I know I'll still make more supplies if I cancel and go back to faster ones while I am online :D

- Rag

DeletedUser

It wouldn't bother me too much. What I would be more interested in changing production buildings would be to have them revert to a baseline production instead of spoiling, so that you are not punished for having meetings to not being able to log on all the time.

DeletedUser

+1 to the proposals. The only issue that is not addressed in those proposals is the UI side of this.

Currently we have:
Production popup
33318622.jpg
Production screen
46005225.jpg
Set Production screen
52997307.jpg

I suggest that we combine the current 'Production' and 'Set Production' screens. To something like this:
65021873.jpg
Variant2:
45836701.jpg

This would:
1. Allow to implement the suggested functionality. After collecting the production will auto start.
2. Wont hurt current functionality i.e. Players who wish to change the settings will have to click the same amount of clicks as before.
3. Allow to see production options during a production cycle.

DeletedUser

On a side note ... I was also thinking that if supply buildings get modified like this it would be very nice to be able to switch from a 24 hour production down to an 8 or something so you can at least get some supplies back instead of a full blown cancel. I often find I set productions thinking I will not be back for say 8-10 hours .. and then of course find myself back on in 2-4 lol. And all the time invested into those productions gets wasted because I know I'll still make more supplies if I cancel and go back to faster ones while I am online :D

- Rag

I was just about to create a proposal for this until i sore this. this would be a major help. since i sometimes i put production to 8 hour instead of 24 hour and when i notice it its already been like 1 or 2 hour in and if i change it to 24 by canceling it i will lose them 2 hours.

could look like mordin's design

DeletedUser13521

Mordin's variant 2 on the change production screen would be perfect with a continue button instead of OK :)
Thanks for posting those Mordin!