• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

attacking score needs to match sector %

Major Spank

Private
Make the score for attacking a sector in GVG with 50% or 75% give better scores so that real fighters get rewarded for their efforts. I see all to often players who kill self loaded NPC's with champs having huge scores without any risk. The ones who take on the HQ's etc. tend to have much greater lossses

DeletedUser96901

and also attacking boost in the calculation ?

a low player with low/no boost has much more difficulty to win the same fights compared to the AF player with 90% and more attack boost

and not using rogues should also give more points
everybody knows with the 7 rogue tactics it is much easier to fight than with 8 normal units

so lets summarize:
higher defending boost = more points
lower attacking boost = more points
no (less) rogues = more points

because all those things have influence on the difficulty of the fight

DeletedUser108379

Since in most cases those fighting in GvG will have a fighting bonus above 90%, so a bonus higher than the defending bonus of the sector I do not see any reason for that.

If a player gains ranking points before they are ready, such as having the military boosts needed, they will quickly find themselves in a neighborhood way out of their league and then they will have other problems. Ranking points are not for self-glorification, but for neighborhood placement.

Be careful what you wish for; it may not be want you want!

Major Spank

Private
I think you guys are missing my point, why should someone be scoring huge for so little effort and loss. any one can turn over npc,s cheap. that where lower era plaers wouldn't score so much because they are not strong enough yet to get the bigger scores

rjs66

Lieutenant
so little effort ?

how much time and effort went into getting the boost in the first place ?

GvG has maps from iron age on up to artic age. You fight in these lower ages gain ranking points, level your military GB's, do research, grow and plant stronger military bldgs and repeat the process. You have to do this day after day, month after month, and year after year. No Short-Cuts can be allowed; besides it would take the sport out of the game.

Major Spank

Private
so you peeps think its good that if someone recycles 0% npc with no threat to been attacked back that they should get same score as someone who fights a HQ with 75%. I don't see how anyones effort of building att/def% effects this query

Major Spank

Private
well , not even same score. they will get more score as the larger damage from the 75% hQ will lower the attackers score to less

rjs66

Lieutenant
the more attack / def % the less damage you take, the fewer points you lose

quite simply don't attack a 75% sector until you have a good attack / def percentage
put the work in and stop trying to get free handouts

the game is meant to be played over an extended time with challenges to be overcome, those that have got ahead have done so through putting in time and effort, your proposal that newer players who haven't built up their cities should get all the benefits immediately would be unfair to those that have been playing for 3 or 4 years.

Please Note: The following statements have nothing to do with this topic creater, but should apply to all forum members.

I really do think that ideas should be limited to once a month so that only thoughtful suggestions get made and not frivoulous ones.
Also, ideas should be limited to "Active & Experienced Game Players". It's really not possible for someone to make a well-thought out suggestion without having played the game for any real amount of time.

The Data needed for this can easily come from the FOE player database that is being maintained. Forum member attributes could then be adjusted programmatically.

DeletedUser96901

well , not even same score. they will get more score as the larger damage from the 75% hQ will lower the attackers score to less
but with 90% against 75% you still get more points than with 0% against 0%

and you still said nothing about including ALL difficulty factors
you only want more points for the fact that you attack a higher def sector

DeletedUser109385

Please Note: The following statements have nothing to do with this topic creater, but should apply to all forum members.

I really do think that ideas should be limited to once a month so that only thoughtful suggestions get made and not frivoulous ones.
Also, ideas should be limited to "Active & Experienced Game Players". It's really not possible for someone to make a well-thought out suggestion without having played the game for any real amount of time.

The Data needed for this can easily come from the FOE player database that is being maintained. Forum member attributes could then be adjusted programmatically.
Really anyone is welcomed to suggest as many ideas as they like, even if it sounds stupid is not against the rules, your proposal will be quite discriminating against non active or experienced players. So far you really haven't done a thoughtful suggestion because all of your ideas were already suggested which shows your ideas were not thought out which shows you are being a little bit of a hypocrite no offense. When you say experienced I bet you mean players that play this game 24/7 well that's not the case, as long as you play the game and have a good idea what it's all about it's fine for you to make suggestions.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/change-fp-packages-into-a-single-bank.31044/
Quite sure it's pretty similar to your idea of doing collection of FPs

Last edited by a moderator:

Major Spank

Private
These answers I am getting really don't answer my question, I feel I have been attacked when all I asked was a simple question. why do 1 of 2 equal players get better scores for easier fights for doing 0% NPC compared to the other who of equal skill, boosts and experience gets less when he has approached a more difficult task.
I personally am not looking for more score, this was just something I notice is happening in the game. What are all the comments about where the big boyz play and active and experienced players should only comment. Are you guys/girls suggesting I have no idea about this game and don't deserve a comment ???

Can someone just relate to the question I have asked and not anything else. players of equal skill, boosts and experience is what it is about

DeletedUser96901

actually this thread is not about the question why it is that way

it is about changing it

and between those 2 things is a big difference :rolleyes:

Can someone just relate to the question I have asked
NO.
please let us just relate to the topic and discuss if we want that more difficult fights give more points or not

and you still ignore all other difficulty factors
you still only talk about defense boost

compared to the other who of equal skill, boosts and experience gets less when he has approached a more difficult task.
and what is with the not equal skilled, boosted and experienced players (not everybody can attack with 93% and 7 rogues like you) which do an even more difficult task

because still
0% vs 0% and no rogues is much much more difficult than 93% and 7 rogues against 75% :rolleyes:

so little effort ?

how much time and effort went into getting the boost in the first place ?
how much time and effort went into getting 75% defense boost in the first place

and then giving the attacker more points for the work the defender put into the game to get a higher sector defense boost

doesn't that sound weird that making your guild better gives players from other guilds more points for attacking you ?

Last edited by a moderator: