• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attacking other players, please help I have a few questions, thanks

DeletedUser

1. In Forge of empires can we attack anyone playing the entire game, or only our neighbours and those on the continent map?

2. How does the continent map work, I get the idea that it's more of a computer based thing, like not actual real players but just a quest for example as they get harder and harder quickly.

It's just ... I get a bit sad when I think to myself that once I've conquered the continent map and I'm high in the rankings the only people I can fight would be my neighbours? and this wouldn't be very good...

Finally, how long do these games last? Where is Brisgard in terms of its product lifecycle, is it at its peak for example and or is still growing and will last a long time? I just don't want to dedicate hours per day to something that will soon die.

Thanks for your help

DeletedUser1094

Hi lee1985... and welcome to the forum.

1) You can only attack your neighbours (PvP-battles) and the rulers of the continent map (PvE-battles).

2) Your're right, your continent opponents are not real players, but are Server-generated and are the same for all players.

lee1985 said:
I get a bit sad when I think to myself that once I've conquered the continent map and I'm high in the rankings the only people I can fight would be my neighbours?
You are probably never going to reach the end of the continent map. There is no end to it... (not an end we can see, anyway)
At the moment, a lot of players has reached the immediate end of the world... but shortly another age (the Colonial age) will be added... and then another age... and another age.......

Finally, how long do these games last? Where is Brisgard in terms of its product lifecycle, is it at its peak for example and or is still growing and will last a long time?
For months and months and months and...... as long as we can't tell, exactly how many ages the game ends up with we don't know the life-span either. But knowing the games of InnoGames, I'll be surprised if it lasts shorter than a year, even for the fast runners. Don't worry, they'll find a way or two to keep us here... ;)

Edit : Regarding your question about "Lifecycle"... When a world has reached it's player capability max, it's being closed for any newcomers. That is my definition of a world-peak... All the worlds are still running, highly active and awaiting the new age to come....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lee1985 said:
It's just ... I get a bit sad when I think to myself that once I've conquered the continent map and I'm high in the rankings the only people I can fight would be my neighbours? and this wouldn't be very good...
What you have to understand is that FoE is more of a civilization game and doesn't focus on Battling as much as other Innogames games do, although, there are some improvements and additional Battle features coming very soon.

- L

DeletedUser6560

Hi my name is Shy Ted. I'm new to the game and the forums. Forgive me if i'm asking questions which have been asked before, i havn't trawled through all the threads yet. My question is this. How big a person can you be hit by? I still had slings and spears while the person farming me has archers and legions.
I ask this because it interests me. I will evenually farm him back. Oh what a happy day that will be. Does anyone have a guild which stands up against bullies which i can join? I'm active and a quick learner.

DeletedUser65

i recall a few months back there was talks about allowing you to fight side by side with neighbors/allies in the same battles, and also some sort of guild vs guild battles, both of which are not yet introduced or for that matter confirmed as additions. we can however hope that the battle aspect of the game does get expanded upon in some form or another

Hi my name is Shy Ted. I'm new to the game and the forums. Forgive me if i'm asking questions which have been asked before, i havn't trawled through all the threads yet. My question is this. How big a person can you be hit by? I still had slings and spears while the person farming me has archers and legions.
I ask this because it interests me. I will evenually farm him back. Oh what a happy day that will be. Does anyone have a guild which stands up against bullies which i can join? I'm active and a quick learner.

you can be hit by any player with any troop once every 24hours.
What some players do is leave no defence(which is a default 2 spearmen used by the computer) to prevent larger players from farming them. other players however will attack and plunder you if your defence army is too weak like the 2 spearmen. you see they want battle points and if you put out your best army to maximize the points they get from attacking and defesting you more often than not they will NOT plunder as a kind of thank you for the points good will gesture.
there is pro's and con's to both strategies and its really up to you to figure out which one suits you and your neighbors attacking patterns

DeletedUser1094

Hi Shy Ted... and welcome to the Forum.

You can get attacked by the "biggest". You can get attacked by all your neighbours, no matter at which age they are playing.
As the Guilds are working at the moment, no active battle help can be given by fellow Guild-members. If that ever becomes a possibility, I don't know. (One can only hope)
Only in those cases, where Guild-members are also neighbours, can guild members "help" by making "revenge" attacks.

Edit : Just to add to Farmerlynch : You can NOT get attacked by "any" player, ONLY by your neighbours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6560

Hi Shy Ted... and welcome to the Forum.

You can get attacked by the "biggest". You can get attacked by all your neighbours, no matter at which age they are playing.
As the Guilds are working at the moment, no active battle help can be given by fellow Guild-members. If that ever becomes a possibility, I don't know. (One can only hope)
Only in those cases, where Guild-members are also neighbours, can guild members "help" by making "revenge" attacks.

Edit : Just to add to Farmerlynch : You can NOT get attacked by "any" player, ONLY by your neighbours.

Thank you Farmerlynch and king Dael for you prompt replies. I'll work on besting him ;)