• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attacker taking goods from me down to the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've been attacked countless times by someone who has taken goods from my buildings down to the second that they are produced (I had just made gold and was waiting for it and he nabbed it before me, even though I watched the very last second count down), he has to be using something to know the timing of this. So can anyone tell me what is going on?

DeletedUser

Hey Sizzle, welcome to the Forums. :)

How often has this happened?
It could be just sheer dumb one-time lucky timing.

Also, have you been in contact with this attacker in regards to being plundered?

- L

DeletedUser

I've sent him mail once, he said he "checks often". Sheer dumb luck has never been down to the second, and when wool was my highest tier, he always got to it before me as well. I never checked if it was down to the second, but every time he hit me, he took goods.

DeletedUser

Well, if he checks often and your goods buildings aren't running at 1 check and they are at the next, he probably just checks the time and comes back 4 hours later to see if you have a 4 hours production, if not, he'll come back 4 more hours later to see if it was an 8 hr production, etc.

Also, if he's been doing this for a while he probably got a tab on your login times by now and takes that into account for checking your buildings.

- L

DeletedUser

Well, if he checks often and your goods buildings aren't running at 1 check and they are at the next, he probably just checks the time and comes back 4 hours later to see if you have a 4 hours production, if not, he'll come back 4 more hours later to see if it was an 8 hr production, etc.

Also, if he's been doing this for a while he probably got a tab on your login times by now and takes that into account for checking your buildings.

- L

You're saying that since he has raided me once, in a 24 hour span, he knows down to the second when those goods are coming up, despite the fact that during that 24 hour period where he can't raid me, I let those times roll over a little bit due to sleep?

Nah. I don't understand what you're saying. That doesn't seem remotely possible. Thanks though, for trying to help.

He's obviously experience, he started 2 days before me and has 22k points. I have 7k points. He still has huts in his village. But there isn't any possible way for him to know the times down to the second without using a third party program. He is raiding everyone in his neighborhood. I've got the best army on defense I have seen. He took special note to make sure to get my times down, which he couldn't know, and target me directly for that 0.1-1.0 second span? Ehhh.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you truly suspect this player of cheating, then I suggest you create an in-game ticket and report it.

Right-click anywhere in your town. Choose Support, select your world, type: Breach of rules, and go from there.

Include your suspicions and the reason for them.

- L

DeletedUser

He's obviously experience, he started 2 days before me and has 22k points. I have 7k points. He still has huts in his village.

Advanced player with lots of huts? Could be a bot.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

huts, strong raiding army and 22k points doesn't make a logical relationship together...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You're saying that since he has raided me once, in a 24 hour span, he knows down to the second when those goods are coming up, despite the fact that during that 24 hour period where he can't raid me, I let those times roll over a little bit due to sleep?

Nah. I don't understand what you're saying. That doesn't seem remotely possible. Thanks though, for trying to help.

He's obviously experience, he started 2 days before me and has 22k points. I have 7k points. He still has huts in his village. But there isn't any possible way for him to know the times down to the second without using a third party program. He is raiding everyone in his neighborhood. I've got the best army on defense I have seen. He took special note to make sure to get my times down, which he couldn't know, and target me directly for that 0.1-1.0 second span? Ehhh.

Well that's not exactly right, there definitely is a way to do it without a 3rd party program, and Lordroth had it right.

Let's say I'm the attacker, I've beaten your army and I'm waiting to plunder. There's nothing to plunder at the moment, and none of your goods/supply building are operating, so I know you're probably online. I set a timer to go off every 5 minutes, and every 5 minutes I look at your town. Once you start the goods producing, I know within 5 minutes when you did it. I come back 4/8 hours later and constantly refresh your town during that 5 minute window until the goods pop up. It's definitely possible. I'm not saying for sure he's not cheating, but he could just be really, really dedicated.

I'll also say that back when I was plundering people alot, I was sure I had the ability to grab the goods before it popped for them. I say this because I tried to time it somewhat like I layed out above. I would note when they started it, but I would often be able to plunder it before it should have been done. I chalked it up to latency or something, but it's possible plunderers get some kind of advantage here?

DeletedUser653

KM - you right.
the other one was to mail the guy and get him to tell you what country hes in and then use the 8 hour rule to forecast the goods in the morning and after school/work. most people seem to keep to the same times which makes it easy to plunder.

DeletedUser

Is there a strong protection against scripts ? (like auto collect).

I do think Blacksmith has mentioned that there were players banned for doing this. So they can and do monitor it.
Just a FYI, premium users get banned just the same, so buying diamonds doesn't give you any special treatment.

- L

Status
Not open for further replies.