• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack and defence when Attacking

DAVEYBOI

Private
Hi everyone,

can anyone give me an idea about what we think attack and defence of attacking army should have, I, in the late Middle Ages and currently are progressing quite well, I’m being told that I should only focus on attack and not defence of attacking army as it’s useless,

I can’t get my head around that, I’m currently almost at 378% attack and 364% defence while attacking With no boosts.

(where im at)
i am battling all the way through all 4 levels of expedition easily, on GbG I can do about 57 battles completed unaided, no structures or boosts!

Last edited:
I’m being told that I should only focus on attack and not defence of attacking army as it’s useless,

I’m currently almost at 378% attack and 364% defence while attacking With no boosts.
From where I am sitting you are doing just fine, there is no figure that is correct, the more the better!
Most players prefer attack but I would say defence of an attacking army is almost equally important.
However, It's not worth using space for defence of your defending army imo.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Your
Hi everyone,

can anyone give me an idea about what we think attack and defence of attacking army should have, I, in the late Middle Ages and currently are progressing quite well, I’m being told that I should only focus on attack and not defence of attacking army as it’s useless,

I can’t get my head around that, I’m currently almost at 378% attack and 364% defence while attacking With no boosts.

(where im at)
i am battling all the way through all 4 levels of expedition easily, on GbG I can do about 57 battles completed unaided, no structures or boosts!
who ever told you that is wrong, get it is a high as possible, same with your attack, hopefully he means city defence and is still confused about it :Dim currently 874/592 and its needed FE and above imo

Last edited:
Defence boost for attacking armies is useful and needed.
Defence boost for defending armies (city defence), however, is rather useless.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The only time that I can really foresee any boosts for one's Defending army being useful, is if/how INNO will have fixed the match-making for the re-boot of the PvP Tournaments... (yes, it's coming folks!)
The earliest ages *might* have a reason to build some city defense if they're still in IA/EMA, as few players in these ages tend to have any significant boosts. (ie: usually only the top 5-10 at most per 'hood) Thus, if when the feature does return, and if the player matching is purely 'same age vs. same age' (+/-1 age), it might be useful for the very top players to determine the top spots each PvP season.

Still not a reason to waste space on it, but a tiny niche of players might actually see a slight benefit.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
The only time that I can really foresee any boosts for one's Defending army being useful, is if/how INNO will have fixed the match-making for the re-boot of the PvP Tournaments... (yes, it's coming folks!)
The earliest ages *might* have a reason to build some city defense if they're still in IA/EMA, as few players in these ages tend to have any significant boosts. (ie: usually only the top 5-10 at most per 'hood) Thus, if when the feature does return, and if the player matching is purely 'same age vs. same age' (+/-1 age), it might be useful for the very top players to determine the top spots each PvP season.

Still not a reason to waste space on it, but a tiny niche of players might actually see a slight benefit.
why would anyone need to arrange top spots for pvp towers ? i play pvp each week and have done so for 8 years i hardly ever lose unless they have a huge advantage in gbg ie they are dominating the gbg maps and having 1000s of fights, but even when that happens i just go looking for points in gvg to boost myself and make a fight of it, but i have never heard of anyone wanting to rig a pvp tower result ?

Knight of ICE

why would anyone need to arrange top spots for pvp towers ? i play pvp each week and have done so for 8 years i hardly ever lose unless they have a huge advantage in gbg ie they are dominating the gbg maps and having 1000s of fights, but even when that happens i just go looking for points in gvg to boost myself and make a fight of it, but i have never heard of anyone wanting to rig a pvp tower result ?

He is talking about the return of the PvP tournaments, not the PvP towers.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Screenshot (51).png

Attack bonuses helps during these accidents :), and try to balance the attack and defence values

DAVEYBOI

Private
Your

who ever told you that is wrong, get it is a high as possible, same with your attack, hopefully he means city defence and is still confused about it :Dim currently 874/592 and its needed FE and above imo
This is what he told me with the names deleted!

I can confirm I was encouraging Sentinel Towers as a good building! That’s why I received this! Sentinel Tower are defence of the attacking army!

(The person)

Whats going on Dave, with the greatest respect, is that you and (someone) are putting your personal prefernces before facts. Defence , at any level that isnt FAR in advance of anyone here other than (Someone), (including myself) should ALWAYS be secondary to attack. ALWAYS!! Not discouraging def in favour of attack is doing everyone a disservice! Now towers, where they can be squeezed in, the odd one or 3, fair enough, but to promote them as worthy buildins to be pursuing is promoting a 'wrong direction' to the others who look to you for guidance! and ESPECIALLY Roads to victory!

Last edited:

DAVEYBOI

Private
This is what he told me with the names deleted!

(The person)

Whats going on Dave, with the greatest respect, is that you and (someone) are putting your personal prefernces before facts. Defence , at any level that isnt FAR in advance of anyone here other than (Someone), (including myself) should ALWAYS be secondary to attack. ALWAYS!! Not discouraging def in favour of attack is doing everyone a disservice! Now towers, where they can be squeezed in, the odd one or 3, fair enough, but to promote them as worthy buildins to be pursuing is promoting a 'wrong direction' to the others who look to you for guidance! and ESPECIALLY Roads to victory!

Obviously I understand the space issue on Victory of towers, but if you have the space and nothing to fill it with worthwhile they have a use for some of the game right!

DAVEYBOI

Private
Just to confirm everyone and I appreciate all your answers, of which I will educate my guild members, I am aware that the defence when defending is a waste and do not encourage this! I encourage collecting on time, that’s it. ;p

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Just to confirm everyone and I appreciate all your answers, of which I will educate my guild members, I am aware that the defence when defending is a waste and do not encourage this! I encourage collecting on time, that’s it. ;p
Sounds like your guild leader wants to mould everyone to his personal specifcations.. i think you know whats right for you and your city.. good luck