• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Attached vs. Unattached Units

• Thread starter DeletedUser101743
  • Start date

DeletedUser101743

I wish there was a way to distinguish attached units from unattached ones (like a small visual aid in the corner of a troop's picture). This could save us a lot of time because we usually take attached units with us to a battle and save unattached units for a rainy day.

DeletedUser96867

If you had done a search i'm sure you would have found this suggestion has already been made several hundred times over the past many months. Clearly this is a much demanded feature.

DeletedUser101743

I did some searching but couldn't find anything! And sorry if I haven't used the right format because I couldn't find it anywhere.
So, has the idea been sent to the devs?

DeletedUser97349

For reference, the correct format can be found in the 'Guide to the Ideas Section -Please Read Before Posting' sticky at the top of the ideas section... Here.

As the title suggests, it would be helpful if players could read this before posting :).

DeletedUser

I am told that the unattached filter is being worked on, and is considered to be a priority, so fingers crossed its not too far away, kim.

DeletedUser96867

Forgive me for not holding my breath. The last thing i was told was being worked on as an urgent priority took another 6 weeks to implement a temporary fix. A temporary fix that has been in place for 8 more weeks.

Hopefully the filter will appear very soon. What was an annoyance pre-gvg has become major frustration/handicap in gvg where battles have to be done as quickly as possible.

DeletedUser

Yeah I was hoping it would be done by now, but to be fair theres so much going on at the moment and lots of little bug fixes and so on, I'll keep my fingers crossed a little longer lol, kim.

DeletedUser15432

Well, that us good news that the developers are actually working on the filter that everyone is asking for, however, the information could have been given earlier to stop multiple questions being raised and hundreds of postings being typed about this subject. However, forgive me if I do not hold my breath waiting got the filter

DeletedUser

Really its needed more than ever now, before searching through was a pain, but with the release of GvG when you are under siege you need to select the units much faster sometimes than we needed to before, I also hope its not too far away, kim.

DeletedUser7719

I'm REALLY excited today. Can't spoilerize any info though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96867

@byeordie you and I can celebrate together while everyone else looks on bewildered, but part of it still has me scratching my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12086

Well, that us good news that the developers are actually working on the filter that everyone is asking for, however, the information could have been given earlier to stop multiple questions being raised and hundreds of postings being typed about this subject. However, forgive me if I do not hold my breath waiting got the filter

We generally don't release information about upcoming features because until something is implemented and ready for release, there is always a tiny risk of a problem or a delay setting things back. We don't want to make promises we cannot keep, and for this reason we (usually) wait until a feature is ready before we announce it.

DeletedUser96867

@ the Countess

Seems to me most players would rather know that issues we've been banging our heads against the wall for many months are finally being worked on instead of being left completely in the dark whether the devs are even aware of the issues, even if we can't be given the exact details or delivery date.

My impression and i'm sure the impression of most players who post on FoE forums is that many of our concerns and suggestions are ignored, dismissed out of hand, and not passed a long. We get this impression because of how the moderators/community manager/the developers handle the players suggestions. You have a group of players who are willing to take the time to make suggestions and try to come up with solutions to problems, to improve the game and player enjoyment. Instead of utilizing such a valuable resource by beginning a discussion with those players, INNO and it's staff seems to go out of it's way to antagonize and belittle those players and their ideas, and rarely provide any sort of meaningful response.

DeletedUser8813

@ the Countess

Seems to me most players would rather know that issues we've been banging our heads against the wall for many months are finally being worked on instead of being left completely in the dark whether the devs are even aware of the issues, even if we can't be given the exact details or delivery date.

My impression and i'm sure the impression of most players who post on FoE forums is that many of our concerns and suggestions are ignored, dismissed out of hand, and not passed a long. We get this impression because of how the moderators/community manager/the developers handle the players suggestions. You have a group of players who are willing to take the time to make suggestions and try to come up with solutions to problems, to improve the game and player enjoyment. Instead of utilizing such a valuable resource by beginning a discussion with those players, INNO and it's staff seems to go out of it's way to antagonize and belittle those players and their ideas, and rarely provide any sort of meaningful response.

agreed ...as a player i would like to know that the issues we put forward are actually being worked on ..after all we are the players i doubt you are building the game for yourselves.
and as a ex premium player i can say you can only push us so far before we stop supporting you ..my limit was reached..because of the reasons stated above and of course a few others.

DeletedUser

I see your points but I myself have commented in the forum that this filter was a priority and I do recall a post from TheCountess saying something along similar lines, we have been saying for a while that this was a priority due to the vast amount of player concern, but we don't give dates etc unless the feature is ready as Thecountess has explained below. The main thing is it is here at last :-) Kim.