• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Asymmetrical Warfare

ps99

Private
So, i've got to the High Middle Ages and progress in the technology has gotten sloow - esp as i am not purchasing Diamonds. Added to that are the constant plunderings by far more advanced neighbours - equivalent to rifles against spears and harsh language!

Given that catching up with said neighbours is not really an option, this aspect of the game is a bit frustrating. I assume that anyone can attack any one else in a neighbourhood. So you could have industrial units attacking Bronze Age units. I suppose this could be a subtle reference to imperialism ? :) Either way it gets really tedious to get shellacked every day.

DeletedUser

I agree wholeheartedly. In that vein I adopted a no-loot policy for when I attack others. Medals and battle points are an important part of advancement in this game but so should be neighbourly relations. It does help in mot/pol and if you feel this way...fairness. Message those looting you and ask them to please stop. I am assuming you are trying a defense beyond the 2 spear army.

DeletedUser6461

Hi Ps99,
Though I am a fighter in my neighborhood, i am fully agree with your point that there is a rifting difference (both in ranking points and in technology wise) in any neighborhood between the toppers and lower middle members. But this is mainly due to the difference in activity level. I have been first in my neighborhood with a huge margin for quite a long time but suddenly a merge happened and I was placed third. The first player was around 100K points ahead of me and could be able to defeat me at that time. But it was only for a short period until i found my rhythm and overtook him within a month and then there was no look back.
So what I want to tell you that the difference between you and the top player is mainly because of his extreme activity (both me and my top neighbor were not diamond player at that time). I am not denying the fact the Diamonds play a part in this game (no browser game can survive without this system) but here it's too over exaggerated by so many people over and again.
Fogcat has given a good piece of advice that you can talk to those players who are regularly plundering you and you can negotiate with them until you are able to build up a good defense (which includes the best defensive army, defensive GBs, Watch fires etc...) which is difficult to breach. you can see some discussion here about the defense and here best defense against long range and HMA attack and defense. We in our neighborhood have been successfully promoting a policy that those players who put a good defense will no longer get plundered by others. You can spread this idea among your top players who may welcome this concept because every fighter value their fighting points from neighbors more than their plundering goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1983

+1 to the complaint and the advice. I was a late starter in Brisgard (about 3 months late) and Avarhall (started in October) and with diplomacy and superactive game play, I am now rank 1 in Brisgard and Rank 13 in Avarhall. Just work it out with the top dog in your hood and that's all you need. :-)

DeletedUser8994

+1 to the complaint and the advice. I was a late starter in Brisgard (about 3 months late) and Avarhall (started in October) and with diplomacy and superactive game play, I am now rank 1 in Brisgard and Rank 13 in Avarhall. Just work it out with the top dog in your hood and that's all you need. :-)

Hi, I dont think it is as simple as working it out with the top dog. What I have found (and I have been playing for a while now) is that some people like to plunder weaker players, I call them bullies, could call them something else but would get in trouble again.
It is a game but some diamond addicts should also have some morals and leave the smaller players alone.
This is not the first time I have posted on this subject.

DeletedUser

Same theme, different thread. Yes, the getting plundered part of the game can be frustrating. Yes there are bullies and worse among the guys at the top (some great people too). Yes the PVPers are very vocal and will shout down any attempt to change the current system.

But its not all bad. I have never bought a diamond. I play on 3 worlds and I am not at the top of any of those neighborhoods. I try to build up my defenses so that the attackers will lose enough men that they will often skip me for easier prey. But not always. In weeks where there is close competition for the towers then everyone in the hood gets attacked. We have to learn to compete as best we can and to be good sports about the losses.

DeletedUser

Theres a end game here so yes you can catch up to people. I caught up to a guy that diamonded to CA (was end game at the time) while i was still in EMA without diamonds. Takes a fair amount of time between ages before the next is released. I only plunder plunders and find catching up and returning the favor is rather satisfying. :)

Mean while fill your friends list, get in a good large guild and p/m like mad and get your self a few GB's rolling, its doable, just need to do it. :)

DeletedUser8994

Same theme, different thread. Yes, the getting plundered part of the game can be frustrating. Yes there are bullies and worse among the guys at the top (some great people too). Yes the PVPers are very vocal and will shout down any attempt to change the current system.

But its not all bad. I have never bought a diamond. I play on 3 worlds and I am not at the top of any of those neighborhoods. I try to build up my defenses so that the attackers will lose enough men that they will often skip me for easier prey. But not always. In weeks where there is close competition for the towers then everyone in the hood gets attacked. We have to learn to compete as best we can and to be good sports about the losses.
I am not against PVP players, I also try in the towers. I do not attack anyone in my hood with less than double figures. I only plunder the LMA, CA and IA players that leave only two spearmen, that is frustrating and (in my opinion) unsportsmenlike.
I think it was Lodroth who suggested a no plunder for new players while they get started, a good idea that was never acted on. The game makers will always do what the diamond abusers want.