• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Arthur Conan Doyle

LadyHecate

Major-General
Quest 5:

Rinbin: "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"

Well that's disappointing. Thought they said they weren't going to advance us there or the tech tree but give us players a choice this time.

This has been addressed for the next Historical Event quest line, Shah Jahan, where Quest #10 is "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR Win 7 battles" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"
Similarly, Quest #4 will be "Scout a province OR Solve 12 Guild Expedition Encounters" and "Spend 11 Forge Points" and Quest #7 will be "Research a technology OR Donate 350 goods to your Guild Treasury" and "Spend 20 Forge Points".
Unfortunately, Quest #12 still contains "Gain control over a province" without an alternate!

DeletedUser11207

I've checked the Manor again and unmotivated it says that when motivated you get the 2 FP. The fan wikia says the same thing. The FOE wiki must be wrong in that case?

DeletedUser108302

I've checked the Manor again and unmotivated it says that when motivated you get the 2 FP. The fan wikia says the same thing. The FOE wiki must be wrong in that case?

If you are right , then the building production will become really inefficient !
Really low coin production plus normal population (comparing to the ages ) , & 2 extra FPs when motivated which is not going to be that interesting at all...

LadyHecate

Major-General
Confirmation from yesterday's Browser Update to 1.102: "The Lord's Manor from the Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Questline is now prioritized when using the 'aid' functionality."

DeletedUser110745

My manor has been motivated for nearly a day now, 3 hours to go - you click on town hall and it shows when ready there will be coins and FP. It is rather worrying that my motivated manor shows no indication of it producing 2 FP. It will be very disappointing if the quest promised FP production and delivers only gold - in that instance the whole event would have been a big waste of time & effort.

Time will tell soon - anyone who got it early can confirm FP production?

DeletedUser110745

Yes! I'm getting the FPs although that was before yesterday's Update; not collected since the recent Update.

I can now confirm I did get the FP despite no visual text changes after motivation - perhaps changing text display after motivating is just an unnecessary complication. Very happy to get the FP :)

DeletedUser109966

My SoK says that, but coin production is doubled as well when motivated... It would be very strange if the coins weren't meant to be doubled as that has been the theme with the Baroque set so far. Similar to the Pagoda when that was released which also didn't pay double initially when motivated, I'm sure it's a bug. What I'm not sure of is why no moderators are confirming one way or the other ??