• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Arthur Conan Doyle

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Check out our newest Historical Questline, Arthur Conan Doyle here! Dont forget to also check out the announcement from our Beta forum regarding feedback to these events. Finally, feel free to leave your own feedback and questions below.

Thanks!
Richard and team

DeletedUser5180

the Lords Manor looks great and another couple of daily fps most welcome

DeletedUser6065

Meebe not.
If it has no priority in Pol/Mot, unless you upgrade it as you advance through the eras, it may be possible for your deccos to be motivated before the Manor.
. . . . mk

Meebe not.
If it has no priority in Pol/Mot, unless you upgrade it as you advance through the eras, it may be possible for your deccos to be motivated before the Manor.
. . . . mk
That's my concern, too. Does even a renovated building get motivated (I read somewhere that it doesn't)? At EMA: 4 dwellings give 444 population to 450 from the manor, with theoretical 2880 coins to 3200 from the manor. That's a slight improvement offsetting the more difficult size. It is really only those forge points that make it special .. but how often will the manor be motivated to produce them?

DeletedUser109966

That's my concern, too. Does even a renovated building get motivated (I read somewhere that it doesn't)? At EMA: 4 dwellings give 444 population to 450 from the manor, with theoretical 2880 coins to 3200 from the manor. That's a slight improvement offsetting the more difficult size. It is really only those forge points that make it special .. but how often will the manor be motivated to produce them?

From the FOE wiki:

Coins are doubled and also produces two forge points when motivated.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Meebe not.
If it has no priority in Pol/Mot,
From this week's (Tuesday's) Weekly Changelog on the Beta Server, "Added the Lord's Manor to the priority Aid list"
For double the area of 2 x SoK? It's hardly exciting
The Lord's Manor is not a SoK replacement but should instead be compared to non-Premium Residential buildings with a 24 hour collection time. In this instance, for marginally less population it gives c. 20-40% more coins and the 2 FPs. As such, use it to replace Residential buildings of your respective Age with a similar city footprint.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Having seen the event on beta it's worth noting that you might need to have scouted a new province in advance so you can do the "2 sectors without fighting" quest. If you are in Oceanic Future scouting takes over 3 days, and if you're not prepared and have to scout twice you'll run out of time.

I do wish the map progress quests would offer alternatives. It doesn't affect me, but players who want to stay in one age for a while are badly affected by this.

I like the Manor though - now, where to put it?

DeletedUser110327

Hi, feedback on quests. Okay, how about introducing one or two different quests to complement excellent quests such as the Fall Apples quest?

Idea 1
Quest begins. A ship appears on your Continent Map which takes you to an exciting new quest Treasure Island. On the island are x number of sectors which need to be taken, and in each sector is a quest reward. Sectors do not just have to be taken by negotiating or fighting, though one or two could include that, but you could also collect maps which would unlock the next sector. Maps could be hidden in friend's taverns, say one per day. If you don't visit every tavern every day, you could miss the map pieces.

Idea 2
Quest begins. A mansion appears on your city map. You need a key to open the front door. Keys are hidden in friend's taverns, say one per day, so you have to visit all your friends to find keys. Once inside the mansion, there are corridors and stairs and rooms, and each room contains a quest reward. Keys are needed to open doors as well as completing quests.

Idea 3
Quest begins
A shipwreck appears off the coast of your city map. Clicking the shipwreck takes you into a long lost pirate ship, with cabins and other rooms, such as the bridge. Each place you visit holds a quest reward. Opening doors requires a skull key or completing a quest.

Idea 4
Quest begins
You can click the cave on your city map, which takes you inside a huge spooky cave system, with tunnels and chambers, and hidden temples. Each location contains a quest item. Reaching these locations requires completing quests and discovering lanterns which light up new cave passages to new locations. Lanterns could be hidden around your friends city maps, so you would have to visit your friend's cities to find them.

I could go on for days listing quest ideas, but that should be enough to get some ideas going.

DeletedUser6065

From this week's (Tuesday's) Weekly Changelog on the Beta Server, "Added the Lord's Manor to the priority Aid list" . . . .
Thank-you. Nice to know.
However LManor still uses an area good for 4 ShrineKnows. At 4x4, it is a rather large residential footprint. On the positive side, a single lane road for connection is nice if you choose to place it.
. . . . mk

Mandelynn

Corporal
Quest 5:

Rinbin: "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"

Well that's disappointing. Thought they said they weren't going to advance us there or the tech tree but give us players a choice this time.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I don't like to complain, because I love the game and I like doing events and questlines too. However, I skipped the May Day one (first time ever!) because the reward was not useful to my city and the way to get it was just too "expensive" for want of a better word. It was going to push me to where I didn't want to be. The Manor looks like something I would like, which is why I need to say my piece! Why, oh why do they put the "aquire 2 sectors" BEFORE "Scout a province" ? If they just switched those around I would only have to scout and then take one province, as it is I have to do two. I really think there needs to be an alternative. At the rate these quests are coming up now, I will be WAY ahead on the map and WAY behind in my city - it's not a clever plan. It used to be ok when the quests were just 4 or 5 times a year, but you have upped the frequency and its just too much to push us on EVERY time. I can't even save a couple of sectors for next time, as the last one is always "Take a province"!

These smaller quests should have options or just take provinces and research out of the equation altogether!

My two cents worth :(

Mandelynn

Corporal
I don't like to complain, because I love the game and I like doing events and questlines too. However, I skipped the May Day one (first time ever!) because the reward was not useful to my city and the way to get it was just too "expensive" for want of a better word. It was going to push me to where I didn't want to be. The Manor looks like something I would like, which is why I need to say my piece! Why, oh why do they put the "aquire 2 sectors" BEFORE "Scout a province" ? If they just switched those around I would only have to scout and then take one province, as it is I have to do two. I really think there needs to be an alternative. At the rate these quests are coming up now, I will be WAY ahead on the map and WAY behind in my city - it's not a clever plan. It used to be ok when the quests were just 4 or 5 times a year, but you have upped the frequency and its just too much to push us on EVERY time. These smaller quests should have options or just take provinces and research out of the equation altogether!

My two cents worth :o(

Yep, it was in the announcement that they would have an alternate way for those of us who cant do the map or tech tree but there it is. Quest #5. :( so I guess once again, that leaves me out of playing.

20 hours to next sector, what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110866

Hey guys,

Check out our newest Historical Questline, Arthur Conan Doyle here! Dont forget to also check out the announcement from our Beta forum regarding feedback to these events. Finally, feel free to leave your own feedback and questions below.

Thanks!
Richard and team

Hi, Regarding the Arthur Conan Doyle quest:
The quest on each step claims a random reward. This is not the case. I have 4 EMA cities (obviously 4 different servers), I have completed 3 steps, and every reward for each step has been identical for each server, for example: 5 honey for the 1st step, 2500 supplies for the third. While I do occasionally beat the odds, I suspect the chance of getting the same result for 3 different steps on 4 servers must be somewhat astronomical

Regards Sabre.

Mandelynn

Corporal
Interesting Sabre0 and now that you mention it mine too, quest by quest on 7 cities. Different ages

As a side note: we've heard your feedback about the research quest condition and we'd like to let you know that this questline contains an alternative. If you're interested in details of our general approach to quest conditions, you can learn more in this thread on our Beta forum.

Seems they didnt follow through with any of it except the tech tree for fps instead of advancing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110866

Interesting Sabre0 and now that you mention it mine too, quest by quest on 7 cities. Different ages

As a side note: we've heard your feedback about the research quest condition and we'd like to let you know that this questline contains an alternative. If you're interested in details of our general approach to quest conditions, you can learn more in this thread on our Beta forum.

Seems they didnt follow through with any of it except the tech tree for fps instead of advancing.

I am sorry I did not see the part in that thread that is relevant, probably read it too fast. I simply object to a "Random" reward appearing to be fixed, if it is please call it fixed and tell us what it is.

Well I just completed the 4th (got medium FP package all 4 times) and 5th step (5 gold bars all 4 times). Looks to me like your random number generator is about as random as a North Korean supreme leader election is democratic :).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110286

I don't like to complain, because I love the game and I like doing events and questlines too. However, I skipped the May Day one (first time ever!) because the reward was not useful to my city and the way to get it was just too "expensive" for want of a better word. It was going to push me to where I didn't want to be. The Manor looks like something I would like, which is why I need to say my piece! Why, oh why do they put the "aquire 2 sectors" BEFORE "Scout a province" ? If they just switched those around I would only have to scout and then take one province, as it is I have to do two. I really think there needs to be an alternative. At the rate these quests are coming up now, I will be WAY ahead on the map and WAY behind in my city - it's not a clever plan. It used to be ok when the quests were just 4 or 5 times a year, but you have upped the frequency and its just too much to push us on EVERY time. I can't even save a couple of sectors for next time, as the last one is always "Take a province"!

These smaller quests should have options or just take provinces and research out of the equation altogether!

My two cents worth :(

THIS.
Inno finally take the Research a Tech off the table by putting a FP spend as other option in - CONGRATZ - but this is just backwards and idiotic