• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Army Replacement: Remove Trusted Rights

• Thread starter DeletedUser12400
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: I propose to remove trusted rights requirement for army replacement. (If there is open slot then units can be placed by anyone.)

Reason: We've been requesting a proper rights system for over 1 year. This system is anti-social, it creates divides within guilds and excludes newer members and inexperienced players from participating in a simple aspect of GvG that there should be no problem in participating in otherwise.

Details:Trusted rights being needed for army replacement is a serious issue. Trusted rights is not only allowing to replace army but also to release sectors and place sieges which can lead to devastating losses not to mention hidden forum.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:N/A

Overtype Signature.png

DeletedUser2989

A similar idea was forwarded:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24306-We-Need-Separate-GvG-Rights-PLEASE

There will be some changes made to GvG, we unfortunately don't know what it entails or exactly when they'll be implemented but the hope is for soon (and for the changes to include the forwarded idea linked above in some way!).

Another similar idea (if not the same idea) was posted but wasn't formatted like this one:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24705-All-or-nothing-guilds-rights

DeletedUser99588

I read that first thread again Tank and found the early discussion about spies very interesting. By not implementing a rights management system and making it relatively easy for spies I think has encouraged 2nd accounts to be made purely for spy/sabotage purposes. As these accounts are not being used to push they are unlikely to be spotted by the moderators but still have a negative effect on the game.

For a rights managements system not to have already been put into place over a year after being requested on beta and not to far of that on the EN server is beyond belief. There is no excuse for it and all this we don't no when but something will happen means little and kind of suggests there isn't any control on what is happening with the developers. I can understand within reason things can take a little longer than expected but if planned correctly and project managed efficiently they should be able to predict when it will be ready.

What would help is if they told us they are working on the following list of improvements/new features and they are due to be released in the month of..... for each one.

As it is now no one has a clue if anything will be fixed/improved or if all we are going to get is more cosmetic crud that doesn't add much to the game itself.

DeletedUser12400

I'm really frustrated about this matter. I've noticed that couple of guilds can't even protect their sectors and those guilds who gave the rights to most members also risks a lot. We lost already around 100K goods on sieges because if these rights. It's maybe our fault that we gave the rights but otherwise we can't handle all the sectors we have without giving these rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99438

Seriously any update on this? I am banging my head off a wall with serious frustration over this problem at this point. Can a Mod please update? Thanks

Why this should have +1

This system, which requires trusted rights to replace an army, is anti-social, it creates divides within guilds and excludes newer members and inexperienced players from participating in a simple aspect of GvG. Such rights cannot be given to inexperience guild members as it creates the risk that they may unintentionally siege a sector and waste goods or worse, grant freedom to sectors. It also creates the risk of such actions being carried out maliciously. Additionally, it wrongly suggests that some members are considered to be trusted whilst others are not.

The notion that "Trusted Rights" should be required for Army Replacement is absurd mainly because;

1- You have no choice but to allow the majority of the guild to replace if you wish to protect your sectors. You cannot expect to rely on just a few members. The burden would be just too much.

2- Thus, almost the entire guild is required to have the rights to do everything - just so they can carry out a not so insecure action - replace an army.

3- Since the only security issue with replacing armies is that a member can replace all sectors with rogues there isn't really a security issue for 3 reasons;
(a) How many players are really going to be able to replace more than a few sectors since you need 64 Rogues a sector
(b) Even if the player had that many, who really wants to sacrafice that many rogues as they are then forever lost and if you replace on too many sectors - no fighting
(c) With not being able to delete armies anymore, the worst they can do is replace sector's armies with 8 rogues. This can be countered in many ways without jeopardising security if the guild is smart enough - however granting freedom or the use of goods cannot be countered - Once it's done it's done.

It is ridiculous that this problem is still on-going. All this and more was said in the discussion of the update that brought about this hindrance. Please fix this problem immediately.

DeletedUser106439

+1 DEFINITELY !!

We had similar problem with one of the new players in our guild ... You give him rights to exchange defence troops and what he do ?? he place two sieges and goes offline ... we took away his rights, he left the guild :mad:

This is very frustrating .... and we play this game to have fun ... NEVER FORGET THAT !!

maybe the best solution is if you grant few lvls of promotions ... this way you can give the simple rights for exchange troops and placing new defences only, NOTHING MORE !!

DeletedUser99692

+1 Maybe it will stop idiots placing sieges for pvp points without asking permission both wasting guild funds and causing tensions between allies. It will also stop the "oh he was acting without permission" excuse from being played when guilds are probing the defence watch on sectors.

DeletedUser14611

+1 Enjoyed 1,000's in goods lost and red faced apologies to allies. The rights system should be amended so it is possible to be selective about what guild members are trusted to do.

DeletedUser2989

A similar idea was forwarded:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24306-We-Need-Separate-GvG-Rights-PLEASE

There will be some changes made to GvG, we unfortunately don't know what it entails or exactly when they'll be implemented but the hope is for soon (and for the changes to include the forwarded idea linked above in some way!).

Another similar idea (if not the same idea) was posted but wasn't formatted like this one:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24705-All-or-nothing-guilds-rights

Still no update on this idea since my last post, I'm asking our CM if this exact idea was also forwarded along with the "separate rights" idea.

DeletedUser99438

Any of these ideas would be much appreciated. I particularly like the guild pool idea for army replacement. The removal of rights for the need to replace just seems the simplest way, and simple is usually fast. But ideally we could do with separate rights for everything and we could do with a guild pool for armies :)

Thanks Tankovy mate appreciate that

Status
Not open for further replies.