• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arena mode added to game to increase combat

DeletedUser

Proposal
An arena mode where players can fight each other and control their units instead of the AI.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes I didn't find any, though I concede this idea is common enough among games it may have been proposed before.

Reason
I believe this is necessary to add a serious element of pvp to the game and to satisfy core gamers like myself and add playability to the game. I personally have become so apathetic towards the games combat I now avoid it entirely, adding a human opponent would immediately rekindle my interest in the games combat and I hope many players reading this idea proposal.

Details

I propose on the map there is an arena where every player may enter and face a random opponent who is another human player and each one can control their armies against each other. In order to increase combat the arena would operate under the following rules.

- Any player may enter by paying 500 gold and they can stay in the arena for free until they are defeated.

- For each match the player wins they gain 500 gold.

- They do not lose anything for losing a match. This includes units and their health. Whether they win or lose any player who enters the arena may do so knowing they will not have to rebuild there army under any circumstance.

- The only penalty for losing is having to repay 500 gold to reenter the arena and losing any win streak.

- There are rewards for arena win streaks (these are mere proposals I would fully expect to be discussed and almost certainly changed somehow)
5 wins 1000 gold and 1000 supplies
10 wins a random quest reward
20 a random blueprint and 5000 gold and 5000 supplies and 100 medals

- A player must stay in the arena until they reach 5 wins in order to save their win record and take a break. Their score will last a day(week?) before resetting.

-At 20 wins their prize score is reset and they will start the same prize loop again but their win streak will remain shown as a continuous number.

-There will be a hall of fame of the players with the 100 longest win streaks.

- A player may use any units in their army from the game

Balance/Abuse Prevention- Players at lower ages won't be able to compete and may eventually demand their own age oriented arenas. Players who do not pvp will obviously be at a disadvantage but not a serious enough one to justify leaving out such a wonderful new game feature.

Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.- I honestly have no idea. I've never cheated during pvp in any online game I don't even know if they could in a browser based one like this.

DeletedUser276

This is already in the works :) though there will obviously be differences to all the details in here to whats actually going to come out.

DeletedUser

Thanks Blacksmith that's really great to hear. Feel free to lock this thread if you want since its resolved.