• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: are goods supposed to be plunderable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1081

we've been told that goods are not supposed to be plunderable.
but they are plunderable - see this screen capture:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=322&d=1335544018

other people (in that same thread) are reporting that they can't plunder goods:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?988-Unable-to-plunder-from-goods-buildings

so either it's a bug that they can be plundered, or a bug that they can't. so can one of our gallant moderators please take that thread off the "not a bug/will not fix" list and put it back in line for investigation, please and thank you kindly?

Firefox 13, Windows XP, yes i've tried and yes i've searched - this is a duplicate on purpose, because y'all don't seem to be reading the previous thread anymore. thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yup they can be plundered, I've been plundered of my goods, and have plundered goods from other people....

DeletedUser

They have said they are supposed to be plundered and for awhile they were unable to be plundered but it was fixed.

But since it is fixed it's working right and this is a good thing.

DeletedUser1081

that's not what the gallant and knowledgeable Checkered Jester said in that thread i linked to in my first post.

DeletedUser

Last I checked he is only a forum mod, not a game dev, and he is incorrect as the sabotage button even lists goods buildings as one that can be plundered.

The bug was we were unable to plunder them even when it should had been available but it's fixed now.

DeletedUser1081

thanks for your perspective, Chompman - it would be good to hear a clear and consistent "official" version, though.

DeletedUser

After this last update (may 14.) i have actually not tried to plunder, or get plundered. So from the latest i dont know.
But before that, i can/could confirm that i could both take goods from other, and loose goods my self.

I can try to find (not likely) someone to attack and see if i can plunder anything.

DeletedUser1081

Seekhunt, can't you ask the developers to state whether or not goods are supposed to be plunderable, please and thank you? that question is more important than whether or not any given individual can plunder goods at the moment.

DeletedUser

I have just succesfully plundered one of my nieghbors. So i can safely say. WE CAN.

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpg

So as you can see, this player. AND damn i could plunder haha. But anyway. EVERY building of goods can be plundered. And i could with out no problems take his iron production. Only 2 but hey. less production for my part as i need iron :-P

So bug or not. At the moment, we can plunder, and (be?) plundered.

DeletedUser1081

but Seekhunt, my question is whether or not this is supposed to be possible.
can you please submit that question to the developers? please??

DeletedUser

So bug or not. At the moment, we can plunder, and (be?) plundered.
After finally logging back in I find my lovely wood is gone!
I hate being a farm...

As most of us know this part, we await an answer on if it is a bug or a feature. I am guessing feature but that is only a guess.

DeletedUser

I will surely pass it on. But not before monday where everyone is back.
At the moment i dont mind the "feature" as long as it gets known that we can do that.

DeletedUser

My understanding is yes, anything that results in a crate should be plunderable... the fact that they were not at one stage was a bug, and it is listed in the bug fix logs that it was fixed...

DeletedUser

So the answer is now:

Goods can be plundered?
and if anyone say that goods can not be plundered, they are wrong ?
And in my view, i have no problem with goods being "plund-able" :-P

DeletedUser1810

I find very few where the goods can be plundered (other than the gold which is good, lol). But I have found some and been able to plunder them. I'd plunder everything if I could, like maybe even their women and make my soldiers heal faster. :) Or take 'em so we can have more pop faster. Hehehe! I should put in a suggestion that we can leave our town's mark on a wall some where.

The saying is, "Rape, pillage, and plunger". Bet all that would be a coders nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.