• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arctic Future Troops

DeletedUser104548

I find the new units just released with AF4 to be quite weak. Why upgrade on tech? The new units get hyped up as to how great they are...then they get monkey stomped on GE and the map. There needs to be some serious rebalance. I even had some CE units beat me. You recently downgraded rail guns...now you need to upgrade behemoth and plasma range.

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
On the new map I had to conquer 2 waves army and at the end I was left with 2 plasma range against 1 dragon drone and lost. Not even in close range combat plasma range couldn't do any damage.

DeletedUser

On the new map I had to conquer 2 waves army and at the end I was left with 2 plasma range against 1 dragon drone and lost. Not even in close range combat plasma range couldn't do any damage.
1 combat drone also beats 8 microwave blasters. What's your point?

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
1 combat drone also beats 8 microwave blasters. What's your point?
My point is that plasma range should be more OP than rail gun for instance. BTW it would be strange if troops from higher ages couldn't beat lower ages ones so your example is ridicolous. If game is moving on then every single troop should be better than previous one not way round. In my humble oppinion devs were stuck with rail guns and after that with surrogate soldiers. They made them lethal combination which could defeat any other troops, but when they buffed them they should improve newer troops.

DeletedUser

My point is that plasma range should be more OP than rail gun for instance. BTW it would be strange if troops from higher ages couldn't beat lower ages ones so your example is ridicolous. If game is moving on then every single troop should be better than previous one not way round. In my humble oppinion devs were stuck with rail guns and after that with surrogate soldiers. They made them lethal combination which could defeat any other troops, but when they buffed them they should improve newer troops.
:? 1 attack helicopter (CE) also beats 8 microwave blasters. I don't remember people calling them horrible because of that though.

They also didn't buff rail guns, so I really can't make sense of your words.

DeletedUser106696

Try not to get too much hung on which individual unit beats which... sad fact is that despite the recent pityful "rebalancing" activity AF units are pretty much beaten into submission by FE units on pretty much any fight, be it PvP, map, or GE (I cannot comment on all age Gv, as I do not participate).

While you are of course right stating that microwave blasters could not attack flying objects, it's sort of ridiculous that an FE arti units can attack anything, while the AF unit "forgets" all about power shots ... If I fought the same battle in GE with FE and AF arti, I would expect the AF set to cause more damage... but anybody trying might find that they have lost 8 units in no time at all :mad:

DeletedUser16126

Isn't it great that you can avoid that your defense army can be killed by 1 plasma and 7 rouges, just by adding a simple helicopter, drone swarm or dragon drone.

IMO it would have been nice that the drone swarm capability of not getting hit by artillery, would also apply for the Railgun. That would have made future battles much more fun.

Unfortunely there were too many people putting all micro blasters in defense and just hitting them with a single heli. Unfortunately in All age GvG it will be even worse... Now they can add plasmas and hit them by 3 different units, gaining a lot of battle points in 3 ages. Making the championships even more useless than they already were. Such a pitty that inno didn't invent something to avoid this misbehaviour.