• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Archers to defeat Veletrites and Jaimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1378

I need help defeating armies in a few Provinces I am in, especially the ones with 5 Trebuchet ...

Veletrites: 5 Trebuchet, 3 Crossbow
Veletrites: 5 Knight, 3 Berserker

Jaimes: 5 Trebuchet, 3 Heavy Infantry
Jaimes: 5 Knight, 3 Crossbow

Of course, I still have my 8 archers, I just got Berserkers and I just built Armored Infantry as I want to be able to stay active in the EMO PvP tower. Will a combo of these do the trick? My Archers were working wonders up until now, and I even defeated all but one sector of Cragshire with them, but I can't seem to fight the above battles with just Archers.

Anyone have any tips ... ?

DeletedUser

Veletrites: 5 Trebuchet, 3 Crossbow
4 catapults, 4 archers/crossbow

Veletrites: 5 Knight, 3 Berserker
1-2 berserker, 6-7 archers/crossbow (berserkers are to draw 2-3 knights if possible at second round)

Jaimes: 5 Trebuchet, 3 Heavy Infantry
4 catapults, 4 archers/crossbow

Jaimes: 5 Knight, 3 Crossbow
1 berserker, 2 catapults (to kill crossbow) and 5 archers/crossbow

DeletedUser

I always fight artillery with artillery :) They do hardly any damage to most unit types but are a lot more effective against other long-range & short-range) units. I've been using Catapults for my EMA tower.

Armoured Infantry, meh :p I've never bothered to build any heavy melee units, they're just so slow and easy to go up against. That changes in HMA & LMA but all the previous ages heavy melee units are kinda worthless imo.

DeletedUser1378

"Golly", looks like I need to build catapults then, I was going skip them if I could ...
Thanks for the quick help lokiju and Lord Zena!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you really want to be active in pvp towers generally you want to use long range and short range units as in most cases you should be able to defeat a majority of the players without taking any damage and this will let you keep fighting for them.

Not to mention for a lot of the players with only 2 spearmen the 4 catapults alone will be enough to take them out in one round almost always and that will speed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.