• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Archeology Event 2022 questions and non feedback comments.

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.

Erich Zahn

Private
I personally find the Official Message about the Archaeology event amusing.
When I worked for an archaeological group, they never used and dynamite. Just us, mattocks and pickaxes ... and brute force! :D

There's a main building with upgrades available ... but the 6 flowerbed buildings are confusing. Two available in lower progression scroll bar and 2 available if the entire calendar is completed. so how do we get the remaining 2 (or 4 if the calendar isn't completed). ?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The grand prize from collecting idols should switch over to a selection kit after a few levels of the butterfly House upgrade kit.

From memory last years event building required 10 levels to upgrade so provided the event runs pretty similar with idol amounts and you focus on them rather than daily prizes etc you shouldn't have that many problems gaining all the pieces.

I do tend to focus on daily prizes but got a maxed event building each time but it was pretty close and I did need to do the tablet quests for extra tools. (I don't bother with the daily gem stuff)

Last edited:

Rossignolini

Private
If I collect more than one gems in a day am I going to get to the end of this quest without completing the calendar? and what will I lose?

Knight of ICE

If I collect more than one gems in a day am I going to get to the end of this quest without completing the calendar? and what will I lose?

You can only collect 1 gem a day. Second one will be shard.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This particular Event has 2 primary directions to play. You, as a player, choose if your priority is to (a) complete the calendar and receive calendar reward or (b) work towards obtaining particular Daily specials.
If you play a little each day, basically uncovering up to the next Gem and waiting for the reset to uncover the next Gem - then you have an extremely high chance of completing the calendar.
If you want to work towards Daily Specials, then you will do a lot of work on certain days, and very little or others. Daily Specials are of course a %age chance of winning - so you have the range of winning a bunch or none - all depends basically on RNG - but the odds are favorable to obtain at least some of the particular Dailies that you want.
You can also try to combine both - some players will be fortunate and win some Dailies as well as completing the Calendar.
It all depends on your playstyle, as well as your preference and what your end-goal game for the Event will be.
You get only one Gem a day, but if you find another Gem, it will instead be a Shard (5 shards = 1 gem) (Note: if you wait until after reset, it will become a Gem again - but as mentioned above, you can only collect 1 Gem a day - any more, and they will be shards)

King Arinar

Private
Daily quests are not well thought out. This is the 2nd one I can't complete for Gem Shard as it involves Acquiring Sectors on the Campaign map which I can't do unless I move into Space Age Jupiter Moon. Which I am not ready to do!!

Knight of ICE

Daily quests are not well thought out. This is the 2nd one I can't complete for Gem Shard as it involves Acquiring Sectors on the Campaign map which I can't do unless I move into Space Age Jupiter Moon. Which I am not ready to do!!

That challenge you only get when you have some open sectors on the campaign map.Make sure you do not have any open sectors and you do not get it. Does not matter what age you are in.

Ev4ma

Captain
Challenge: Don't see your city while trying to do the event. Love my brother's chromebook. Can't wait to get ungrounded lol

1652021309440.png

papashakes

Corporal
it is random not guaranteed that you will pick up a daily special.. at the odds it's roughly 1 in 20 vases will give you a daily special.. i got 3 stage of ages in the one day from about 12 vases.. on other days no daily special even for 20 vases.. that's just how it is..

my advice.. save your diamonds and wait till it comes up in another event or in the antiques dealer.. use what you have gained to maximise your A/D, FP production or what ever else could do with tweeking in your city..

enjoy the game :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
it is random not guaranteed that you will pick up a daily special.. at the odds it's roughly 1 in 20 vases will give you a daily special.. i got 3 stage of ages in the one day from about 12 vases.. on other days no daily special even for 20 vases.. that's just how it is..
enjoy the game :)
The biggest problem some people seem to have - which relates to what you wrote, is that they do not understand what 1 in 20 means. They feel it means there will get 1 win in at least every 20 tries - so it is not good to write that. Better to say they only have a 5% chance of winning. Of course, that is the exact same thing basically - but hard to understand why so many people see "1 in 20" and "5%" and think those mean differently.

papashakes

Corporal
The biggest problem some people seem to have - which relates to what you wrote, is that they do not understand what 1 in 20 means. They feel it means there will get 1 win in at least every 20 tries - so it is not good to write that. Better to say they only have a 5% chance of winning. Of course, that is the exact same thing basically - but hard to understand why so many people see "1 in 20" and "5%" and think those mean differently.
maybe I should written random as RANDOM ;)

As in the last event, I have yet to find the remaining tablets!

How exactly do you find the Silver Clay Tablets?

As with the last event, I have yet to find a Silver Clay Tablet, yet I have done Tablets 1 - 4 numerous times!

Getting slightly bored with FoE if this is the standard !

Annoyed,

Christoph

Knight of ICE

As in the last event, I have yet to find the remaining tablets!

How exactly do you find the Silver Clay Tablets?

As with the last event, I have yet to find a Silver Clay Tablet, yet I have done Tablets 1 - 4 numerous times!

Getting slightly bored with FoE if this is the standard !

Annoyed,

Christoph

You find them the same way you find everything. It is part strategy, part luck.Hard to answer without knowing your goals and how you use the tools you get.