• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Any limit on number of Ages we can trade up into?

I ask this question.. Any limit on number of Ages we can trade up into? as I have never had any problem getting 2:1 trade offers accepted up till now. I am in HMA and have a good number of LMA goods stockpiled through 2:1 trade offers. I am now offering 2:1 trades for LMA / Colonial goods but never get any takers. Does this game limit the number of Ages we can trade up into, relative to the Age we are currently in?

Galladhorn

Monarch
The fair trade ratios are not official. As in they have not been set by InnoGames itself. The community-wide accepted fair trade ratios were set by regular players out of common courtesy and "enforced" by guilds with these fair trade ratios in their membership rules.

Because InnoGames has never published an official "fair trade" guideline, I don't think the developers will implement a fair trade filter.
Maybe a filter where you can set the ratio of trades, which can be used to search for the player-defined fair trade ratios, would be a better suggestion.

More information on fair trades: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Trading#Fair_Trading

Or check the discussion in this thread: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...rade-filter-for-the-market.35615/#post-258000

The question is.. Any limit on number of Ages we can trade up into?... it is not an issue about fair trade. I am asking this as I have experienced a total non-acceptance of offers once I went 2 Ages above the Age I am in. The offers were the usual 2:1 to reflect the double cost of production for the higher Age item

Just to confirm the answer to my query, I am quoting a couple of members in another thread:
dashead... you are placed in a neighborhood with other players similar to your "level". And then once a week there is a reshuffling of players in neighborhoods in the attempt to keep players at a certain "level" together.
jaelis...You can trade with anyone in your guild, your neighborhood, or on your friends list. So people in your guild don't have to be in your neighborhood
My understanding therefore is that the message I ocassionally get that a scout has found new members in my neighbourhood, is the games way of saying a redistribution of the neighbourhood members has just occurred so as to keep everyone at a similar level together. Because of this players in the same guild and in my friends list, can end up in different neighbourhoods, hence trade is still permissable.
My experience as detailed in initial comment suggests the corraling of players into a neighbourhood is, in part, defined by the Age they are in and that no-one will be more than two Ages apart either up or down.
Any comment clarifying or confirming this would be welcome.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
No limit. But if you are trying to trade goods from a low age to an age which is 2 ages away or more why would anyone want to trade with you unless you were offering FPs as well. Otherwise it would not be worth it

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
My experience as detailed in initial comment suggests the corraling of players into a neighbourhood is, in part, defined by the Age they are in and that no-one will be more than two Ages apart either up or down.
Any comment clarifying or confirming this would be welcome.
True, but its tied to the tech tree progress, so sometimes there will be some players that just advanced into the next age and some almost finished research in previous to your age.

Shad23

Emperor
no limit to trade up , only thing stopping you to get your trades taken is your neighborhood , your neighbors don't have the goods you need cause of advancement in era's , if you know players ( friends list ) in era's higher they can take em but you need to talk with your friends and ask em if they can take cause a lot of players do their trading only through messages at least it's the case in my guild