• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Anti-plunder traps

DeletedUser2079

Proposal:
In order to make plundering more exciting and to give defenders a bit of an edge I propose that another option on Goods buildings should be to booby-trap the building. If it gets plundered then the attack takes a hit and gets no goods.
I suggest that the booby traps could be the same as the corresponding coin and supplies production costs.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes. There was a brief one-liner previously (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?29552-sabotage) but not detailed.

Reason:
Defensive AI is really really pants and there is no terrain advantage for the home team. Getting plundered is a drag and puts off many a player from trying to progress. This will give defenders a bit of fun and make plundering more risky.

Details:
An extra option on the Goods Production dialog would be to booby-trap the building. The time periods would be the same as for goods production and the penalty on the plunderer would be the same as the goods production costs - thus plundering a booby-trapped Iron Age Ebony works on a 24 hour production cycle would cost you 800 coin and 800 supplies, whilst a Tomorrow Era Translucent Concrete plant on a 4 hour cycle would cost you 3,600 of each.

Visual Aids:
n/a

Balance:
This idea will please lower-placed players, who will have a bit of revenge on merciless plunderers and maybe encourage them to keep playing.

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:
Anti-plunder measures for defenders.
The size and nature of the booby-trap penalties could be fine-tuned.

DeletedUser96901

whilst a Tomorrow Era Translucent Concrete plant on a 4 hour cycle would cost you 3,600 of each
actually the real cost of a 4 hour tomorrow production would be 8400 coins & supplies
3600 coins & supplies and modern era goods (= 2400 coins & supplies and CA goods (= 2400 coins & supplies))

because a penalty of 3600 in Tomorrow would be less than the penalty in progressive era (4000)

DeletedUser99588

-1 for the idea in it's current form. If the PvP was going to be expanded to include traps by the defender then I think the attacker should be able to sabotage or possibly have a means to see when a particular building is due to finish.

At the moment the defender has the edge by collecting on time so currently an attacker might lose troops beating the defence and still come away with nothing. Having an additional penalty of a trap seems to push that balance even further in favour of the defending city.

DeletedUser15432

I agree with thanatos100 here and think that for this idea to be workable it needs some balance, therefore a -1 score for the idea in its current form

joesoap

Major-General
so with this idea, defenders pay coins & supplies to set a bobby trap, attackers pay coins & supplies if they hit the bobby trap & no1 gets any goods, sorry but i dont see the point so -1

DeletedUser105579

-1 for the idea in it's current form. If the PvP was going to be expanded to include traps by the defender then I think the attacker should be able to sabotage or possibly have a means to see when a particular building is due to finish.

At the moment the defender has the edge by collecting on time so currently an attacker might lose troops beating the defence and still come away with nothing. Having an additional penalty of a trap seems to push that balance even further in favour of the defending city.

I will give the idea a -1 score for this reason as well; for the most part, those who complain are not collecting on time. However, I see the potential of this idea, and if it includes an improvement for the attacker as well to even it out, I will change my mind.

I like thanatos' suggestion: if a defender can booby trap, an attacker should be able to sabotage.

DeletedUser97018

so you have 2 spears in defense and i attack you and "surprisingly" win, gaining me whole 216 points (unless using auto with rogues and end up with whole big 0 points - acctually happened with that great update we had few days back) - yes ofc i use auto, i'm not gonna waste my time on spears! :rolleyes:
so i want something coz i didn't get enough points imo and i plunder you
so i have to pay you as well?!? no way
a huuuuuge -1 from me :p