• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Animation on neighbour's building in production

DeletedUser7137

I just noticed it today. After attacking someone, when I was brought to his city for sabotage, I noticed all of his production buildings are idle. So I figured maybe he's not producing anything at that moment or maybe he quit playing or something. But when I happened to visit him again about 30 minutes after that, he had all of his productions (supplies and goods) ready for plundering! But there was no animation on his buildings earlier..I went to check half of my neighbours, including friends to see if their buildings have animation, and to my dismay, there was none! And I know for certain that at least a couple of them are actively playing at that time.

So, my question would be, the missing animation, is it intentional (devs don't want to show animation on production buildings so it's harder to plunder someone that's included in the recent update) or is it a bug?

DeletedUser

This was an intentional change in the 0.29 update. See below quote for more information.

Deactivation of animations (when visiting other cities)
With the update, we will deactivate animations when visiting the cities of other players. This is due to repeated loading of animations causing some performance issues, and is a temporary solution to ensure that everyone is able to play the game without performance problems. Animations in your own city will not be affected. Once a solution is found for this issue, these animations will be reactivated.

DeletedUser7137

Thank you Taeriyn. I don't know why I couldn't find anything on my search before posting this. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I know it will come back but this animation without animation regressed game. Attack the opponent and you do not know what to rob him because they do not know what proizuvodi and what not. So it would be good entertainment as soon as possible back to the game again becomes interesting,

DeletedUser1018

The cities look like dead. I prefer to reload my browser a towsend times, instead of this.

DeletedUser

Well it was either this ... or constant crashes. To be honest, I know what I prefer.
Can just say that I hope that once all planned ages are added, there will be time to make the game run smoother with the animations :)