• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Alchemists or Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi,

I am currently planning how to change my city, because i am only some forge points away from advancing to HMA.
Now I know that i am going to replace every residential building with brownstone houses but how about production builidngs?

Lets say i have the space to build 3 Farms or 12 Alchemists.
  • These two would produce nearly the same amount of supplies.
  • Farms would need 807 population vs. 480 spent on Alchemists.
  • Costs for building them 192k (farm) vs 180k (alchemist) gold and 16,8k (farm) / 37,2k (alchemist) supplies
  • Space needed: 60 / 72 squares (~1 expansion more)

So my conclusion is that i could:
  • [FARM] save some space but spend more population and resources ( gold > supplies ) or
  • [ALCHI] spend more space, save some resources and have more population available for military/goods production.

Soooo - I think i will build the alchemists, but i would like to hear what you are thinking about this.
Maybe I am completely wrong and/or missed something and/or miscalculated something. ;)

DeletedUser

Haven't checked your calculations, but there's also the difference of having to click & set production orders 12 times versus 3 times, if that sort of thing matters to you :) 12 alchemists would also require more roads than 3 farms would. Production Support buffs from neighbours/guildies would be more beneficial to you when cast on a Farm rather than an Alchemist.

But then again, Alchemists are much, much nicer to look at than the Farms! :p

DeletedUser

I'd say build farms. Personally i like them the most. Main reasons: less clicking + excellent bonus when motivated.
Also from your calculations - alchemist are more expensive to build by 20k supplies vs 12k coins.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 to farms, less roads, less clicking, higher payouts for motivating, and all around less hassle.

DeletedUser

thx guys for your replies! i just planned my city with that awesome planning tool from the guides section and indeed farms do fit better into my "new" city.

Status
Not open for further replies.