• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Aid&Black Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96901

I have 146 SoK (and 1 Sacred Sky watch)

and on some days I really would need more friends because the Black Tower is not motivated

so
142 from 140 aids would be more than 140 FP from 140 aids

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser110195

Actually FP is not comparable to FP unless you work out per square what they produce. Just because a building produces more does not make it more efficient.
Whether the black tower(or anything else compared to similarly producing buildings)is more or less tile efficient than something else, it produces more straight FP than an SoK, so we want it motivated before anything else. A blacksmith is more tile efficient than a fruit farm, but the fruit farm produces more than a blacksmith in a single production. Multiple blacksmiths may outproduce fruit farms, but aid on an existing fruit farm is worth more than a blacksmith.

DeletedUser107476

Whether the black tower(or anything else compared to similarly producing buildings)is more or less tile efficient than something else, it produces more straight FP than an SoK, so we want it motivated before anything else. A blacksmith is more tile efficient than a fruit farm, but the fruit farm produces more than a blacksmith in a single production. Multiple blacksmiths may outproduce fruit farms, but aid on an existing fruit farm is worth more than a blacksmith.
I don't build Fruit Farms as not efficient enough. If you choose to put a less efficient building in your city that is your choice, not the developers.

DeletedUser96901

if my OF city wouldn't be full with SoK, GB and other event buildings I would build 240 blacksmith

3 quests per 24 tiles

because: what is the most efficient building when you are in OF based on quests :lol:

but back to the topic
3 FP is still more than 1 FP

DeletedUser110195

Highest output should be the priority, or why add new event buildings at all? They waste time creating something new for an event and then put it lower in priority than a common building seen in multiple events? Why? That is beyond ridiculous.

DeletedUser107476

if my OF city wouldn't be full with SoK, GB and other event buildings I would build 240 blacksmith

3 quests per 24 tiles

because: what is the most efficient building when you are in OF based on quests :lol:

but back to the topic
3 FP is still more than 1 FP
I would rather have 5 SoK's in than a Black Tower. 5 fp for same space is more than 3.

DeletedUser96901

I would rather have 5 SoK's in than a Black Tower. 5 fp for same space is more than 3.
but would you rather have 151 SoK instead of 146 SoK and a Black Tower ?

btw you can't put 5 SoK on the space of one black tower (in a good city design) because you need roads

so in reality it would be 150 SoK compared to 146 SoK + BT

DeletedUser107476

but would you rather have 151 SoK instead of 146 SoK and a Black Tower ?

btw you can't put 5 SoK on the space of one black tower (in a good city design) because you need roads
Yes you can, as straight road going across city two squares away from other building will allow you to use same space. No waste of space so same space.

DeletedUser96901

Yes you can, as straight road going across city two squares away from other building will allow you to use same space. No waste of space so same space.
then your city layout is terrible because the BT only needs one piece of roads

:lol:

and then you can't put 5 SoK there and each have a road

DeletedUser107476

then your city layout is terrible because the BT only needs one piece of roads

:lol:

and then you can't put 5 SoK there and each have a road

You are probably right. My city layout is terrible. But then could have 4 SoK's in less space as 4 pieces of road plus 16 for SoK's is still less space than 20 squares plus 1 piece of road and still more fp as 4 fp is still more than 3.

DeletedUser16876

I only found this out cus I have over 100 soks and had to dump nearly half my friends to invite someone new :(
Efficiency is Irrelevant! Up to the player how they play and as I said before unless you have a lot of Soks this issue likely wont arise.

But its very simple. You have 100 soks, a Black tower and a Lords Manor and you get 50 aids ... Should you get / expect / want.....
(a) 50fps
or
(b) 53fps

By prioritizing SoKs to receive aid first FOE are already confirming that FPs take priority other coins/suppies so I suggest the devs could be asked to consider if these and future new special buildings that produce multiple FPs should be given a higher priority for aid. Else why go to the trouble of designing a buildings like the black tower if people end up not placing them or deleting them :o

DeletedUser4727

Not a bug, and I'll close the thread too as its gone a little off topic. Thanks, guys.

Perhaps something for the ideas section?

Status
Not open for further replies.