• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

AI "inteligence"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

We were given explanation by mods that AI is so "intelligent" i.e. makes mistakes so it would be of equal mind with players, as players make mistakes often too.

I wont get into details of AI and layers fight tactics but tried to see how many times my long range units do not attack at all. I had ~50 battles against 2 spearmen while letting computer fight for my side with 4 catapults and 4 trebuchets.

Result - when computer fight with long range units he doesnt attack ~ 50% of the time.
It's "best" result was that it took 3 rounds to kill 2 spearmen. In round one only 3 units hit enemy out of 8. In round 2 none of my units hit an enemy (just moved around while enemy was killing them).

I wonder how often players forget to attack enemy when they can? Personally i dont remember such case even though i had lots of battles.

Does anyone else have interesting stories about AI and its fighting?

DeletedUser

Result - when computer fight with long range units he doesnt attack ~ 50% of the time.
It's "best" result was that it took 3 rounds to kill 2 spearmen. In round one only 3 units hit enemy out of 8. In round 2 none of my units hit an enemy (just moved around while enemy was killing them).

rofl

personally.. i accidentally skip my turn with an archer maybe once every 20 or 30 battles.

DeletedUser1081

i admired it a lot when it put an archer next to a legionnaire to fight melee style.

i like the AI the way it is, though (except that when it's using its own long-range units they're a lot more powerful than mine ever are). i'm not a combative sort, and the level of the battles on the continent is just about the right level of challenge for me. i'm on good terms with my neighbours, and when someone attacks me they generally go away limping, so i don't care if i lose; my army isn't hurt, and i wouldn't gain anything by winning anyway.

DeletedUser

... when someone attacks me they generally go away limping, so i don't care if i lose; my army isn't hurt, and i wouldn't gain anything by winning anyway.
I really don't see the point to it... no damage is ok (sorta)
.. but no gain when you win a defense :rolleyes:

DeletedUser276

We were given explanation by mods that AI is so "intelligent" i.e. makes mistakes so it would be of equal mind with players, as players make mistakes often too.

I never said that :P and I dont remember reading anywhere where a mod said that...

DeletedUser

I never said that :P and I dont remember reading anywhere where a mod said that...

My mistake. Long time ago i've wrote it in Bug forum. And it was designated as not a bug + got some response but now it seems from player not mod :)

Indeed, for the price of comfort, the AI fights weaker and with more mistakes than an experienced player. This is not a bug, the AI makes mistakes, like we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.