• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Add Option to set Decorations as "No Polish"

DeletedUser

Proposal:
I propose adding a simple toggle switch that will declare all of a players decorations as "Not Polishable", meaning they cannot be physically polished and the polish button will be grayed out if the player only has decorations available to polish.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, i couldn't see anything listed.

Reason:
Because having ones decoartions polished is for the most part highly inefficient when there are motivatable buildings or indeed cultural buildings that can be polished. This would also allow people to proudly show off decorations such as the latest award deco, without fear of people wasting polishes on them.

Details:
A simple on/off switch in the general settings. If "No decoration polishing" is ON, then no decorations in that players city can be polished. If set to off, then decorations can be polished as normal.

Visual Aids:
Don't think we need any?

Balance:
None, other than people may actually display decorations such as the "Award Trophy" instead of deleting them like most efficient players currently do ;)

Abuse Prevention:
None as far as i can see?

Summary:
Everybody hates having trees polished, seems a no brainer to add a no polish option for each players decorations.

Greywolf

Sergeant
You might as well make it impossible to polish decorations. I doubt there are (many) players that want/need their decorations polished. The polishing of decorations only really benefits the polisher.

DeletedUser

You might as well make it impossible to polish decorations. I doubt there are (many) players that want/need their decorations polished. The polishing of decorations only really benefits the polisher.

Personally i'm right with you on that, but thought i'd give people the option :)

DeletedUser7128

Maybe include cultural buildings too... there are players who don't require and polish just motivating...

DeletedUser

Maybe include cultural buildings too... there are players who don't require and polish just motivating...

Another excellent suggestion, with separate toggles for decorations and cultural buildings it would give the individual player much greater control.