• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4799

Hello
by accident someones city which was build in years with GB-s and special items was deleted by someone from the same house. Yes player should have been more careful, but it happened. And can happen to anyone.
FoE refuses to help to give GB-s and special items back. What do you think is it worth to spend time and $ in this game or no ?
I think no. Thank you in advance for your comments and concerns.
regards,
Dahich

DeletedUser7719

Well for a GB, you need to at least double-confirm that you're deleting the GB. Can't really say much for specials or premiums though.

DeletedUser

I think in order for you to get any responses beyond casual criticism, you need to be honest and give us a lot more information about what really happened, timescale, etc.
Without that detail, it comes across as either:
1) I decided to quit, cold turkey. Trashed my city and then had second thoughts
2) "someone in my house" had time enough and knowledge of the game enough to systematically delete every important premium building in my city without me being able to stop them.
Inno's response is likely to be: "Your account wasn't hacked, it was logged in from your normal IP address. There is no way to verify that you didn't do this yourself". Dependent on their logs, they might feel that the man hours required to rebuild your city are prohibitive; or they do not want to be seen to offer this service, in order to make people think a lot harder about trashing their city before quitting.

DeletedUser

I'm sure these things do happen and its unfortunate - but I simply can't see the deletion of an entire city as an 'accident'. It would require at least some pre-meditation...

DeletedUser

I do not know any gaming company, which compensates for lost items coursed by the user himself. Whether it be misclicks, frustration/rage actions or through an open connection used by others...which, in it self, is a rule-violation within FoE.

DeletedUser1081

I'm sure these things do happen and its unfortunate - but I simply can't see the deletion of an entire city as an 'accident'. It would require at least some pre-meditation...

Well ... someone unaware of how browser games work might have thought a "save changes?" option would appear at some point, and that until then they could experiment with impunity.

I understand asking if the mods can help, but when they say no I understand that too. This sort of thing isn't the company's responsibility, is it, so I'm not sure I see what the company would be expected to do about it, or why.

DeletedUser4799

I do not know any gaming company, which compensates for lost items coursed by the user himself. Whether it be misclicks, frustration/rage actions or through an open connection used by others...which, in it self, is a rule-violation within FoE.
Well I know such a game company and such a game,
anyway problem is you invest years for this, and it is gone by sabotage of someone in bad mood... so what ? all this efforts spent in years are gone ?
if it is so, guess no meaning to continue to play this game.

DeletedUser

Firstly, and most importantly, if you do not share your login information, then this cannot happen. If you chose to share your login information (which is against game rules) and thereby entrust your game to another person, then any resulting misfortune, is indeed your own responsibility.

Unfortunately Innogames, like most other companies, does not have sufficient resources to be able to correct actions that the user has indeed done for themselves. If we do this for one player, then we would have to offer it to all players in light of fairness, and we simply would not be able to keep up with demand, and all support issues would face lengthy delays in response due to the large increase in received tickets.

Simple answer: don't let others access your account, and they cannot delete your hard-earned city.

DeletedUser99588

Firstly, and most importantly, if you do not share your login information, then this cannot happen.

I would imagine the login information hasn't been shared with anyone just that the browser has saved the password so no need to enter it.[

Unfortunately Innogames, like most other companies, does not have sufficient resources to be able to correct actions that the user has indeed done for themselves. If we do this for one player, then we would have to offer it to all players in light of fairness, and we simply would not be able to keep up with demand, and all support issues would face lengthy delays in response due to the large increase in received tickets.

Simple answer: don't let others access your account, and they cannot delete your hard-earned city.

Sad but true. So many users it would be impossible to spend the resources on it.

DeletedUser1081

Firstly, and most importantly, if you do not share your login information, then this cannot happen.

Ever leave your browser open when you go to answer the door, have dinner or deal with a household emergency? It happens, even in the best families, without anyone sharing their log-in. (But it's still not the company's responsibility.)

DeletedUser

Then let me rephrase my earlier comment.

Firstly and most importantly, ensuring and maintaining the security of your account will prevent this from happening.

(or any other similar scenario which might allow someone other than yourself to access your game account, with, or without your permission)

DeletedUser7719

Well, it's public right now :p and the main reason why is:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'd fix it for him if I could... the spirit of the rules and all :)

Now there's a thought... delegate only that job to me and support wouldn't be bogged down with such matters. I would happily spend a couple of hours each day helping out such devastated players :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4799

I'd fix it for him if I could... the spirit of the rules and all :)

Now there's a thought... delegate only that job to me and support wouldn't be bogged down with such matters. I would happily spend a couple of hours each day helping out such devastated players :)

Thank you mrbeef,
I think, If someone will take this type of job, it will rise the prestige of the game and ppl who support the game.
and will not be like other ordinary games w/o reasonable support.
Otherwise, I guess many will agree with me and give up spending $ and time in this game.
Another question: if someone hacked account and did it , would you recover it ? If yes , then I see no deference in time to spend help and recover independent it was sabotage or breaking game rules.
Kind regards,
Dahich

DeletedUser

If your account was legitimately hacked, Inno might feel some responsibility in not forcing you to have a strong enough password, or secondary authentication and might take pity.
in my long online gaming history, the percentage of account problems caused by "bona fide" hacking is in the minority.
Also, from Inno's point of view, if you are leaving your account physically accessible to someone with the propensity for such vandalism, what happens the next time they do it?
As a complete aside and in the certain knowledge that I am prying: if I was living with someone who was so angry with me that they watched and learned how to play my browser game in order to sabotage it when my back was turned, I would think I had more important things to worry about than a few pixels and the money I had spent on them.

DeletedUser4799

If your account was legitimately hacked, Inno might feel some responsibility in not forcing you to have a strong enough password, or secondary authentication and might take pity.
in my long online gaming history, the percentage of account problems caused by "bona fide" hacking is in the minority.
Also, from Inno's point of view, if you are leaving your account physically accessible to someone with the propensity for such vandalism, what happens the next time they do it?
As a complete aside and in the certain knowledge that I am prying: if I was living with someone who was so angry with me that they watched and learned how to play my browser game in order to sabotage it when my back was turned, I would think I had more important things to worry about than a few pixels and the money I had spent on them.

We have no right to get in private life of players....

Belcher

Corporal
Strikes me as some misplaced anger issues. Instead of being angry at the response, perhaps he should be angry at:

a) himself for allowing another person access to his account, in violation of the terms of use he agreed to when he joined; and
b) the person in his household who did that to him.

If your roommate borrows your bike and trashes it, do you go to the store and demand a new bike? More likely you turn to the person who actually DID the damage and expect them to make it right.

No sympathy from this corner!

DeletedUser14782

'sighs.
Its a game people.
If your life is this game, then GL...

DeletedUser4799

I need to thank someone who did something!
Thank you!
Please continue!
Thank you again!
regards,
Dahich

Status
Not open for further replies.