• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

about the heavy infantry

DeletedUser

i just entered game for 2 weeks and (having some experience from heroes 3 i admit ) i find the war games totally ...easy...

AI makes some obvious mistakes like atacking the weakest unit in range so even if it can kill 1 archer they prefer to run after a slinger.this isnt so annoting tbh but the part that we have in game 2 military buildings almost useless is.

im speaking about the heavy infantry and the cavalry.its totally unfair that the slowest unit in game is no good against ranged but gest bonus vs light infantry.that makes even the toughest legionnaire dying against slingers and i find this disturbing.

so make cavalry good against heavy infantry and infantry good vs archers.this way maybe ill use some day the heavy guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

welcome to the forum, moedusa. since this seems to be feedback, rather than an idea proposal, i'm moving it gently to the feedback section. have fun!

DeletedUser

no idea about later game but i will stick to the archers (crossbows)

for now i can bet a fortune that 8 slingers tear apart 8 legionnaire even if they are 2 ages behind.

so i still think that heavy infantry needs serious upgrade vs archers.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Incorrect to all three statements.

1) Archers are Iron Age, Crossbows are High Middle Age. The Late Middle Age successor is the Longbow.

2) 8 Slingers cannot successfully win 8 legionnaires because they lack the necessary range to evade all movement legionnaires can go to.

3) Archers, having 1 extra range, cannot flawlessly defeat 8 Heavy Infantries, simply because they will always reach Archers if the Archers are in range of at least 1 hex to shoot from.

To add in, Late Middle Age light units are Great Sword Warriors. Unlike other lights, the GSW has an extremely low movement value, so it will never catch up to any archer.

DeletedUser

...2) 8 Slingers cannot successfully win 8 legionnaires because they lack the necessary range to evade all movement legionnaires can go to.

3) Archers, having 1 extra range, cannot flawlessly defeat 8 Heavy Infantries, simply because they will always reach Archers if the Archers are in range of at least 1 hex to shoot from...

Can be done with a little luck with terrain and then using it properly

DeletedUser

Incorrect to all three statements.

1) Archers are Iron Age, Crossbows are High Middle Age. The Late Middle Age successor is the Longbow.

2) 8 Slingers cannot successfully win 8 legionnaires because they lack the necessary range to evade all movement legionnaires can go to.

3) Archers, having 1 extra range, cannot flawlessly defeat 8 Heavy Infantries, simply because they will always reach Archers if the Archers are in range of at least 1 hex to shoot from.

To add in, Late Middle Age light units are Great Sword Warriors. Unlike other lights, the GSW has an extremely low movement value, so it will never catch up to any archer.

i didnt meant to argue about the names :)
for me archers are those who shoot arrows and kill with EASE heavy infantry.i will make some detailed explanation.

first round you just move half archers one side half archers around middle.choose the side more protected meaning put swamps/forests between you and opp.the infantry will split in 2 following your groups.

when they are enuff close so you can move and shoot them the 8 slingers trash 3-4 legionnaires.lets assume only 3.now the 5 remaining (if you use the terrain wisely so you dont move your archers exactly in the middle of the legionnaires ) will kill at max 1 of your slingers cause they have to hit 2 same slinger to do a kill.lets say you have been unlucky or a bad general and 2 slingers die.

so now you 6-5.next turn 3 more legionnaire die.1 slinger.the last 2 legionnaires die .end.so even if you play a bad strategy and you unlucky you will have at least 4 surviving slingers at the end of the fight which is as i said embarassing.

they have to do something so one swordsman survives minimum 3 archer attack or else as i stated before the heavy infantry is useless.

Last edited by a moderator: