• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: a fix for groupings in Battlegrounds Diamond league

Mysty.

Private
Proposal: To enter an additional criteria for scoring LP in the diamond league.

Reason: I play in 2 worlds, In my experience I have found that the leagues below diamond seem fairly matched, all guilds can get fights if they want them. In diamond though the gap between the top guilds and some of the smaller guilds is big, but due to point creep, guilds find themselves stuck in the diamond league trying to lose so they can drop out and get back to platinum.
This means the top guilds end up in a "meh" battleground caught up with guilds not wanting fights, rather than the original design of matching teams of equal power against each other, When, on the occasion a good match up happens, Battlegrounds is one of the most exciting aspect of the game full of races and tactical play. (Also requiring diamond spend which helps keep the game funded.)

Details: to be able to qualify to score LP in the diamond league there should be a minimum fight count required if the min fight count is not reached then the guild should get the bottom score of -175LP and drop down to platinum for the next round.
In diamond league it is not unreasonable to expect that a guild should be able to fight on or acquire 5 sectors per day which would accumulate to 8000 fights in a round. This together with a min score should reduce the number of guilds competing in diamond and will result in making the diamond league more competitive overall.
Too often guilds refuse to take sectors in battlegrounds as they try to ensure they don't get points (in my current round there are 8 guilds, and the bottom 5 all have under 5000 VP 1 week in, even though there are plenty of open sectors on the map. This means the 4th placed team, on 4000 VP, will stay in the 1000lp group for next round) if there was a min fight count the bottom 5 would either get out and fight more or they would just stay in platinum.

Abuse prevention: this suggestion is an addition to the existing system and it hopefully will correct an existing gap being abused by some guilds

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-20 150650.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-20 150650.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 40

Knight of ICE

To start with this is missing a poll. Second, this has already been suggested. Third, it is on the Do Not Suggest List, cause suggestions about new features you can put in the feedback thread created to share your thoughts about that feature, where again it already has been suggested. So thank you for your suggestion, but I am archiving this.