• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

a few suggestions and game feedback..

Joal

Private
I've been playing a few months, and I've played before for a few months. I personally like the challenge and developing the strategy, so I suppose this time around it's all been easier to develop quickly, but there are a few niggles and blocks.

1. I've been in a few guilds, trying to find the right vibe. I think I have now and I want to make sure that I'm always very supportive to my other guildmates. It's really difficult to ascertain who is in which guild though. If somebody puts forge points on one of my great buildings, I either have to remember who they are, or I have to search through my guild, friends, neighbours to find out.
So my suggestion is that if you hover/click on a user profile, you can see their guild listed. It would make alliances a lot easier and stronger.

2. The Tavern - it only takes about 3 months to fully level this in terms of capacity of seats, platter, cloth, flooring etc. Then what are the tavern coins good for? Sure you can use them for the boosts, but I have 56K coins and I don't much like boosts as I've made sure I collect enough of everything without them.
There should be something else that can be done with tavern silver. Whether you can level up continually, or you can 'unlock' a special feature which means that you can transfer tavern silver for guild battles/investments. It should be linked in more to the rest of the game.

3. The Antique's dealer - great idea. Overall very little in there that is of interest however. The great prizes are easy to win, I say make them more difficult and make the antiques more attractive, so there is a challenge in developing ones resources in there. I have built up my resources, but I've nothing to use them for.

4. GVG etc. - I still don't understand all of this. If you've played for a while, or set up a guild, you know how many resources are required to 'unlock' areas of the game. Unless you've done this you don't know. Nobody will communicate all of this, everybody speaks in abbreviations, and if you ask what they mean there is no response. When learning the rest of the game there are quests which guide you through. I don't think I'll ever know the ins and outs of GVG because there is no way to find out.

5. Guild Continent Map - I've no idea what it is, how to use it, how to contribute. None. I don't even now if anybody refers to it, because most people talk in code when you're in a fighting guild. These guilds are generally not supportive and quite oppressive. New players would help out if there was an explanation as to what to do and how.

6. I'm in High Middle Ages I've been playing about 6 months. Some of the daily quests are ridiculous (i.e. asking for lots of resources and effort for something that costs next to nothing in the build menu) on the contrary the rewards are so much better in the events. Although I don't think anyone wants a sentinel whatsit, or any more boosts... I guess you have to make it so that only some prizes are worth it.

At this stage in the game - Arc at level 9, and full resources, 800+ blueprint packs, 4 unallocated wishing wells, 5 unallocated shrines of knowledge.... I'm sort of getting to the point where the challenge is going from the game. I've won everything a bit too easily. Perhaps there are new challenges in levelling up the ages, I'll try, but definitely the first 3 months of the game are what I enjoy the most.

romeo-rainy

Corporal
1. In most places swaps and 1.9 threads are common, and all OTHER contributers are uninvited. If they contribute 50% or 1 fp more than half of the remaining FP left to level, they are a sniper and should be remove from your guild or friend list. If not in that place, raid it.
2. Im a GE negotiator and all negotiations are able with extra turn.
3. You do not want what is bidded high for (event selection kids, guard posts, rodunda, winners plaza) or you caught your auction group sleeping.
4. GVG is outdated, try GBG
5. I think those guilds do that to not let beginners join
6. Dailies are ok, I have played for a little more than you did and with simple effort they are completable. The castle points are worth it, and a sentinel is what everyone is fighting for.
Everything gets harder and harder. Building the GBGS for an HMA battle city was EZ but leveling them is another story. There are lots of challenges in the future ages

Knight of ICE

1. Why? It really doesn't matter who puts those fp's on your GB
2. Suggestion has already been made several times and forwarded to the devs.
3. Again, suggestion has already been made several times and forwarded to the devs.
4. There is by reading the forum and the guides you can find. You can not hold Inno responsible for players not answering your questions. If that is the case you are still in the wrong Guild.
5. Again, same answer as 4
6. Those are Daily Challenges, not Quests. They are supposed to be hard and have already been made easier, by giving you the option to exchange them.

What it seems to come down to is that you are lacking game knowledge. That is something you can improve yourself, by starting to do some research.

Joal

Private
1. I'd just like to be able to see who my guild mates are, so I can be extra supportive. I don't understand 1.9 and prefer swap threads at the moment.
2. Glad that the suggestion has been put forwards.
3. Also good.
4. Who mentioned holding people responsible??? I'm wondering if there are good tutorials and if we could encourage new players to find them, to make them feel more welcome. I think part of the problem is that I'm a visual learner, so I like to 'see to understand' but this isn't uncommon.
5. Any links or suggestions??
6. I still do the dailies, but I'm starting to get bored of them, I guess the best rewards are too easy to win.

Sure Knight but this *is* a game, and I tend to research stuff for my career. Ultimately I'm providing a perspective which may or may not be of any interest, but it may represent other players experiences too, so I thought it worth doing so. I'll probably get bored of the game soon again in truth.... I'm less interested in repetition (this is a personality thing of course).

Knight of ICE

1. I'd just like to be able to see who my guild mates are, so I can be extra supportive. I don't understand 1.9 and prefer swap threads at the moment.

There are several ways to see who your guildmates are.

4. Who mentioned holding people responsible??? I'm wondering if there are good tutorials and if we could encourage new players to find them, to make them feel more welcome. I think part of the problem is that I'm a visual learner, so I like to 'see to understand' but this isn't uncommon.
5. Any links or suggestions??

There is a Wiki and there are tutorials. In order to provide links, I have to search for them. That is something you can do as well.

Sure Knight but this *is* a game, and I tend to research stuff for my career. Ultimately I'm providing a perspective which may or may not be of any interest, but it may represent other players experiences too, so I thought it worth doing so. I'll probably get bored of the game soon again in truth.... I'm less interested in repetition (this is a personality thing of course).

If that is how you feel this might not be a game for you. This game is played over time and requires a lot of strategy. It can be played in more than one way and there are no easy answers. Most you have to find out on your own.

Knight of ICE

Wow aren't you so very helpful and friendy.

I am sorry you do not like the answers, but I have no idea how you play the game and I can not look you up, so all I can do is give general advise. If you want to learn GvG, join a high ranked Guild. They are the ones most likely to do GvG. If you get bored by the daylies, just skip them. You can play the game the way that suits you best. I can not tell you what that way is. I have pointed you towards the Wiki. It is a good source of info, but you have to look for it yourself.

KingJMobile

Private
I agree with you that a number of aspects in this game that I feel really need to be changed.

Knight is correct of course: play this game and learn and you will reap the rewards over time or quit halfway and expect progress to cease.

As for motivation, as… flawed as I think FoE is there is always something to enjoy in FoE. (Maybe I am just addicted to it).

Joal

Private
I am sorry you do not like the answers, but I have no idea how you play the game and I can not look you up, so all I can do is give general advise. If you want to learn GvG, join a high ranked Guild. They are the ones most likely to do GvG. If you get bored by the daylies, just skip them. You can play the game the way that suits you best. I can not tell you what that way is. I have pointed you towards the Wiki. It is a good source of info, but you have to look for it yourself.
Thanks for a more considered response. A reader has kindly shared an amazing resource with me which helps immensely. I have looked at wiki and I do get involved in GvG and have a good guild. I'm a curious person and like to learn everything fully I guess, and then move on and learn something else :-)

papashakes

Corporal
Wow aren't you so very helpful and friendly.
don't join the facebook page looking for info then..lol

if your a visual learner there are no end of youtube tutorials on every facet of the game..

learn about 1.9 threads they really are the best thing since sliced bread and will help you level GBs at minimal cost to yourself as well as providing BPs and medals to yourself at a set cost to you.. with a level 80 ARC you get your investment back..

advice stay in HMA and consolidate.. your first goal is to get your ARC to level 70 with ultimate goal of level 80 this is important for 1.9 thread and also you invest FPs around the neighbourhood and friends for profit..

you mention GvG I've got no idea there never participated.. GbG on the other hand I can get between 200 and 400 FPs a day because I'm in a good guild that will share a battleground with other guilds and have minimal attrition..

if you are going to participate in GvG and GbG you need to get your attack A/D up.. so you need level 70 CdM (FPs as well) Zeus and CoA.. you will also need Traz for troops and AO for bonus hits and FPs

as others have said this is not a short term game.. I've been playing for 8 months and achieving the goals I've set will take at least another 6 months before I move up an era.. above everything enjoy the game :)

Joal

Private
don't join the facebook page looking for info then..lol

if your a visual learner there are no end of youtube tutorials on every facet of the game..

learn about 1.9 threads they really are the best thing since sliced bread and will help you level GBs at minimal cost to yourself as well as providing BPs and medals to yourself at a set cost to you.. with a level 80 ARC you get your investment back..

advice stay in HMA and consolidate.. your first goal is to get your ARC to level 70 with ultimate goal of level 80 this is important for 1.9 thread and also you invest FPs around the neighbourhood and friends for profit..

you mention GvG I've got no idea there never participated.. GbG on the other hand I can get between 200 and 400 FPs a day because I'm in a good guild that will share a battleground with other guilds and have minimal attrition..

if you are going to participate in GvG and GbG you need to get your attack A/D up.. so you need level 70 CdM (FPs as well) Zeus and CoA.. you will also need Traz for troops and AO for bonus hits and FPs

as others have said this is not a short term game.. I've been playing for 8 months and achieving the goals I've set will take at least another 6 months before I move up an era.. above everything enjoy the game :)
Well, yes and I get that. I'm not keen to scour facebook for videos in my spare time in the context of a game, but that is a great resource, and definitely good for most.
I suppose, the flaw lies with me. I like a challenge and to figure things out and so the first few ages of the game and trying to establish myself I enjoy - a lot! Having a daily routine with the same thing over and over (which is what it feels like now) is dull....and I'm trying to talk myself out of quitting but the 1.9 thing isn't strategy - it's a set of alliances with other players with advanced Arks. Having a strong army is great - I can just play on auto but that means I'm stashing rogue hideouts where in the early stages I was excited to win one.
I guess I like a challenge and the game I will design will incorporate that, but it's interesting to see how many people like a kind of set overall routine and daily task, so I should factor that in too. :-)