• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A bit cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just had a message sent to me telling me of a chance to win 500 diamonds for writing the next part of the game or the next quest. The multistory house upgrade costs 600 diamonds alone, so really if the incentive is not even the cost of a quest is there really an incentive to write one? Plus do you not think that over £8 to get the required amount of diamonds to only fulfill one quest is slightly extortionate? Any other views on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Firstly, 500 diamonds could build 5 theatres, that'd be 2700 happiness. It would buy a couple of expansions, never a bad thing to have more space. It could be used to pay for 6 or so items of research in the tech tree place of resources. I could negotiate my wau through about 10 sectors on the continent map. And I'm sure there are many more possible uses that I haven't mentioned.
(I'm sure costs are higher for higher ages, I'm working with Iron Age figures here)

Secondly, 500 diamonds is 500 diamonds, you're getting a premium product for free.

And third, I think it would be pretty cool to have a quest in the game, that you wrote, not some random developer. A little bit of history, shall we say.

DeletedUser4338

Yeah I agree Delboy, I bought 750 diamonds yesterday and used them healing soldiers while I romped my way to no1 in the tournament.(I'm no 'credit card warrior', but this is the first game thats inspired me to spend real cash!) I reckon that 1500-2000(£20 approx) would draw more entries as far as 'writing the game' goes, gives ya something to work with!

DeletedUser

Ok i take your point and if that is correct then maybe your pricing of the quests and upgrades is inconsistent. As you have said you can buy 5 theaters which would seem a reasonable deal but 600 diamonds for 1 quest is very expensive don't you agree. Don't get me wrong you have the makings of a great game and its a good idea to implement peoples ideas into the game as who knows better what they want out of it. I just feel that the pricing is inconsistent and a couple of the quests could do (price wise) with falling into line with the rest of the game.

DeletedUser

Also if the pricing was a bit more affordable i would be tempted to pay as would many others, i just feel (and am entitled to my opinion) that the pricing is a little steep and also you would be turning more of a profit if you were getting more players paying a cheaper fee than just a few paying the steeper prices. Its your game and im not in the position to dictate its only a suggestion.

DeletedUser

Lol £20 is a big ask dude its only a quest they are asking for. But i do believe the pricing structure is slightly flawed.

DeletedUser4338

Yeah, probably is a big ask! lol...''ask not what the game can do for you...but what you can do for the game !'' :p

Status
Not open for further replies.