• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2023 St Patricks Event questions and non feedback comment

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I think it relates to Innogames somewhere instead of Forge of Empires specifically, I've got an account on one of their other games and unsubscribed 2012/2013 and its never been able to get emails/promotions at all. Nobody seemed to be able to fix it. (Only unsubscribed as it randomly sent emails everytime something was built) Other accounts on there have always recieved them but this one specific one which just happens to be my main account and only useful one just will not get them at all.
Yes I unsubscribed sometime when I first started playing in 2014, but I re-subscribed after that and updated all my settings, settings have changed a lot over the years!! But nothing has ever worked. and support can't help either and blame the email providers.

if you can figure that out why can't innogames? lol. it's blocked on innogame's side. So is you ever unsubscribe you are unsub forever, no matter what your settings. That's a good bug report.

Knight of ICE

Yes I unsubscribed sometime when I first started playing in 2014, but I re-subscribed after that and updated all my settings, settings have changed a lot over the years!! But nothing has ever worked. and support can't help either and blame the email providers.

if you can figure that out why can't innogames? lol. it's blocked on innogame's side. So is you ever unsubscribe you are unsub forever, no matter what your settings. That's a good bug report.

Not completely true. You can unsubscribe and subscribe now without a problem. You couldn't in 2014 and if you did it at that time, you still can not now.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Not completely true. You can unsubscribe and subscribe now without a problem. You couldn't in 2014 and if you did it at that time, you still can not now.
That really doesn't make any sense. why's it broken for older accounts but not newer accounts? Still a good bug report, and a better answer than blaming my email provider.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
That really doesn't make any sense. why's it broken for older accounts but not newer accounts? Still a good bug report, and a better answer than blaming my email provider.

The only thing I can think of is the changes in GDPR somehow made them delete due to right to be forgotten and unsubscribing, So now because we're making changes ingame but the emails have been removed from some main inno database the two aren't communicating.

As far as I can check back free currency only started around 2017 (earliest free currency email I can find is Winter 2017) so it's pretty much around the right time for them to be making changes to ensure compliance with GDPR before it kicked in fully. Before that there was no reason to even require wanting to resubscribe so no problem would have been noticed.

If you start a new account you'll have that initial communication with the the main Inno database again so can change at will.

It's the only thing I can think of which would stop earlier accounts. As it doesn't just affect this game but others only it has to be something central directly from Inno datebases.

(I put that in non technical terms and I don't work in IT so might all be wrong but it's just the only change between then and now that makes sense to have caused an issue)

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
So now because we're making changes ingame but the emails have been removed from some main inno database the two aren't communicating.
It sounds worse than that actually, anyone who unsubscribed early on say, before 2017, is not just not on the old emailing list, but actually blocked from ever being added back. So when we resubscribe, likely it goes and checks another list that says NOPE you unsubscribed years ago! and takes us off again. If that were not the case and we were simply missing from the older database, then when we asked to be added back, it would do it.

One would think that when you change your settings to receive the newsletter it would actually do what that setting says. Databases are communicating fine, just with old data, and no one thought to write a compare/override to allow for old users to make changes? that's an easy fix if anyone cared enough to fix it.

And this is why I gave up on the newsletter. Kind of gets old hearing excuses or you know, actually feeling punished for being a long-time Inno customer.

KPcam

Private
I can't seem to move on from the town I am in. I have completed all the quests and nothing is happening.