• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2022 Halloween Event questions and non feedback comments

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Do wonder how random the rewards for travelling through the fog really are or if someone has sat down and planned a progression to really annoy to be polite. From past experience I learnt not to rush picking up multiple stickers but always stopping when the next days sticker showed up. This year initially the gap between stickers has been relatively short. Today i used over 4 max sets of tools before the sticker deigned to appear. I had barely 600 tickets left so unless the next lot of stickers come like buses cant see the calendar completing without diamond send. Only upside of a very long trip was completing all the toys even getting Pete twice! That reward did give more tools however (and i didnt miss any dark fog squares before anyone says) Anyone else had this inequality?
I'm going through the fog in the same way as you, sticker to sticker, and yes, the gaps between are very uneven but I've not had such a huge gap as you describe. Although not a criticism because it's all just fun, my inequality is with the toys. Not had many showing up at all and if they do it always bloody Kevin! He's everywhere. And when I think I've got one of the dolls it turns out to be Kevin in a frock.

Bastious

Private
Something does not add up right for me. I am half way thru all the quests trying to get the Daily Tickets which I have accumulated 7 of the 21. At this rate I will have consumed all the quests and only get 14 Daily Tickets. That leaves 7 Daily Tickets I have to make up for with the Daily Quest which is 21 pieces over the 21 days. If it takes 5 pieces to fill in a Daily spot, that is only 4 of the remaining 7 spots with 1 piece left over. Where does the other 14 pieces come from? Am I thinking correctly or am I missing something?

GADfan

Warrant Officer
You're missing something.
You need to find the Daily stickers hidden in the fog. Each sticker can be used to reveal one of the 21 daily prizes on the calendar.
The Daily quests award you a piece of a 'Joker', and when you have five of these you can use them to reveal one of the days on the calendar if you missed out on finding one of the stickers in the fog.

suethegreat

Captain
I am with you on Kevin..it was always Kevin and Steve showing up. i nearly fainted when the first toy i found over cities 2022 was a Pete! Just to teach me a lesson my main city has every toy EXCEPT Kevin and Steve!!!! My long run without a sticker is sorted now however it was still a while before the next showed up. Will see what happens tonight. At least you know your brain still functions when you can service 5 toy quests at once.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This is funny. Kevin is the only toy I have had duplicates of on both worlds - and I had 4 of them at a time!
I have had a couple long runs between daily stickers as well - and today I have super short run about 4 columns between stickers.
Good thing about the toy quests - is do not rush them or waste resources on them - some of the quests on one will overlap with another (or more than just one other), so if you play it smartly, you can do one quest and get credit for it on 2+ toys.

suethegreat

Captain
Pays not to complain. Today 3 stickers within 2 boards on a different city just when i need a long run to find missing Hugs.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I've been quite lucky with toys this year compared to last year which was a disaster. Just need Mr Tickles for a 2nd complete set. Also not caught up with event quests yet so nowhere near used a huge amount of tools, don't think I finished one set last year.

[Edit] completed my second set and got a 3rd ready to do the quests now, only missing 2 for a 4th.

Last edited:

Bridgeman55

Private
A summary of how much you're getting extra in the deals when compared to buying without any deals.
Diamonds + TicketsJust Tickets
US $50+29.7%+87.9%
US $80+21.76%???
US $100???+75.56%
An event-currency only purchase is certainly great for people who just love the main building and want multiple instances.

A city can look very cluttered with every different type of special building on show.
In the 2016 Fall event I got 5 Cider Mills ... which looks great alongside 5 Terrace Farms.
I guess it's a minimalist thing ... variety isn't always the spice of life.

Some events don't have that allure ... and you might refrain from online purchases ... or even skip that event completely.

It's all good
Pascal

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Having completed the event in 4 cities from IA to Colonial all have fully levelled event builds and spares. All Calendars completed eventually using 4 days of jokers as had so many yet one friend (higher age) never got a Pete for the entire duration weird luck. My only 'issue' is such a shame the 200 FPS go in the top bar and not the bank forcing spend which may not always be convenient before any coin collections can be made. Maybe a thought for next FP reward event? A nice event build that isnt too massive or multi section, thanks.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Question: Is there a time limit for opening the Calendar Collection Reward? As far as I can tell there isn't, but I want to make sure.