• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: 2 Bugs

DeletedUser

First off, When I attacked someone in PvP (his name was pinguo321) I was backed out of the "Plunder/Sabotage" page, and now can not figure out for the life of me who to go back to that page and claim what ever reward I am suppose to get from attacking him. I was backed out of the "Plunder/Sabotage" page because of an Internal Error, which I know I have seen others post, and have experienced myself, when collecting coins from my houses. Obviously its not the end of the world, but I would like if it was made easier to figure out how to go to someone village, besides the top 80/100 ranking people, and find that "Plunder/Sabotage" page again.

My Second bug that I found (or what I think is a bug) is in regards to the quest and techs.

I have played Tribal Wars for years, and throughly enjoy the game (still play) played Grepolis but do not play that anymore because it is hard enough to play one browser game. Got bored while farming, decided to try this.

Now, in Tribal Wars (as I am sure most of us are aware) they have a quest system as well. The difference? If you run off and complete quest before the quest is given, you can still claim the rewards. In this game you can not. At first when I realized I needed an army before the game said so, I began to tech to spears. Then i built 3 barracks for those spears. Then I create all the possible spears in those barracks. Then a quest telling me to build 3 more spears pops up. It wouldnt let me claim the prize, even though I had almost 12 spears, and I seriously doubt your quest guide wanted me to have 15 spears in total when I had only conquered I think one providence. At the time I didnt really care, as I would just build another barracks, make 3 spears, no big deal. Well I saw how good slingers where when I was attacking the AI, so I ran off and researched Slingers before the quest told me to. Now I have a quest telling me to research a new military unit, when the next possible military upgrade is after I research Chalets (the 3rd house thingy thing) which cost 5 forge points, and then another 6 forge points + coins, supplies etc., instead of just 5 tech for the slingers that I already paid and the coins and supplies associated with it.

There are going to be a good amount of TW players like myself playing this game, since most of us enjoy INNO games in general, which means they are going to try and go through the quest mode ASAP so they can get to the real game. This little mistake of me researching troops too fast (and who knows about all the other tech I have researched that I might not get rewarded for) will slow down players who have the experience and playing ability to be good at these types of games, which in turn, will turn away potential top tier players from truly getting involved in this game, and will also lead to less revenue for you (after all you are a business) .

I hope you make this one, very minor change in the quest guide, but I feel it will be very beneficial.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) not a huge deal, just refresh and go visit the person you just attacked and you will be able to plunder (if there is anything plunderable)
2) not a bug at all, it has been discussed multiple times. all you have to do is go to "manage army" then select 3 units and delete them then go build them again or fight battles till you lose them. its not the games fault that you tried to skip ahead of it (not a bad thing though). later, you will notice that you will receive quests, such as conquering a specific sector or province or researching certain techs, and if you have already done them it will be completed and all you have to do is collect the reward. as for the "build/research a military unit/barracks" if you go through the game too fast you will jsut have to wait til you get to the next military to complete the quest, simple. there is nothing wrong with your quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With regard to your two issues...
1. yerp is correct in his advice...
2. I agree it can be annoying when you get ahead of it, I had to rebuild my goat farm to make cheese and hunter to make trophys when i had destroyed them both as obsolete... it makes it hard some times, I do think all quests should have a skip, but not all do at the moment, so I would suggest you delete the units as suggested...

DeletedUser

Okay well I see that as a minor, but still a flaw in this game, and I truly hope that this will be fixed when the real Version is released.

And once again, I still dont know HOW to get to his village, there are no URL links to his profile/village, or one that I can readily see. I am sure there a place that can tell me, but upon a quick review over the commonly asked questions I did not see it.

Its probably obvious once I know where it is, but I do not remember the quest going over it at all.

Thank you for your timely response!

DeletedUser1081

you reach another player's village via the "social interaction bar" along the bottom of your main page. you should be able to scroll along it to see the other players in your "local 80". some groups include more than 80 players, though, and those "extra" ones aren't visible, so if you're in one of those groups you won't be able to see everyone listed in the pvp tower. i guess the only way to go back to their village is to wait for them to be "attackable" again.

the "reward" you get isn't very worthwhile anyway - a few coins or supplies, usually. the very most you can get by plundering is if you happen to get there when a goods building has finished production but the player hasn't collected it yet. our gallant mods have said goods aren't supposed to be pluderable, but they are for now, so if you're lucky with the timing you might be able to steal some of your neighbour's hard work. after which s/he will very likely resent you and vow never to trade with you when you need goods s/he produces ... but you can do it if you think it's fun.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your help Mink. I guess we will just have to wait for these kinks to get worked out : /